Cipher

Reading Material for New Jumper

Hi guys I am going to be starting my AFF course this upcoming weekend and I can't be more excited. I did some tunnel time in Ogen, UT a couple of weekends back and it was a blast and gave me a lot of confidence in flying on my belly and I've already done two tandem jumps which further went great. However, whenever I start something new,

I usually like to do a lot of research on the subject. I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations on good reading material for newbies? I have started reading "Parachuting: the skydiver's handbook" and even though it does have some good material it can be a little confusing at times since there is a lot of terminology that I don't understand. I also order Brian Germain's book "Parachute and it's Pilot" which I'm currently waiting on. I know there is a lot of good material out there and especially on this forum but I wanted to see if you guys could give me a little more direction on a good starting point?

Thank you so much.
Never fry bacon in the nude!

I just graduated AFF this weekend, and I know one thing for sure...you are thinking and worrying and analyzing too damn much. As a fellow n00b, please take my advice - relax, listen to your instructors, do not expect to nail it every time, and do not beat yourself up when you screw up...cuz you probably will! AFF is a 7 jump course, right? Wrong! It is a 7 level of learning progression course, and most folks do NOT just cruise on thru it...it is a set of learned skills which may require you to repeat a few jumps. It's OK, if you don't nail it each time...in fact, you may learn more if you screw up a few of them! Let's just put it this way; I needed 13 jumps to make it thru this "7 jump course", my instructor needed 15 jumps to make it thru, and the best instructors are the ones who had to struggle some to figure it out...

relax, smile, listen and learn, and go with the flow... seriously - smile! Big, huge grin, and just jump, baby! I know you can do it! If a knucklehead like me can learn this, I'm sure you can too!

Airtwardo:"There is a bit of difference between a rigger with a nipper and a guy with 138 jumps and a swiss army knife...usually!"