stringtheorygal

UPDATE-Riding the plane down-

Not this time! B|

Wanted to thank everyone who posted in my previous thread: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4383828;page=unread#unread

The jump was wonderful. Did the visualizations, smiled, took a couple of deep breaths, and just said f*ck it and let go.

When I initially got everything on, the leg straps again were floppy:S- perhaps even moreso as I seem to have lost a couple of pounds since last week. After some discussion amongst the instructors about what to do, one of them just took an extra few minutes to work on the harness and was able to adjust the leg straps so they weren't hanging off of me. Instant confidence!

Winds picked up in the afternoon preventing me from doing the next level jump; hoping the weather will cooperate this weekend. Cannot wait to get up there again.

I am so addicted...:o

THANK YOU all for your messages of support!!

Superb - really pleased for you well done !! :)

Really glad that you managed to get through your demons.

Ok..ok please remember this.

They come back every time you go up.....

But they get quieter and quieter each time.....

Remember the cartoons....read them again and again....

BLUE SKIES + WELL DONE AGAIN !!

Way to go!

Did the visualizations, smiled, took a couple of deep breaths, and just said f*ck it and let go.

The funny little secret is that you can apply this to everything else you encounter in life now too. ;)

+ one...this lesson does indeed apply to pretty much everything else in life!

Airtwardo:"There is a bit of difference between a rigger with a nipper and a guy with 138 jumps and a swiss army knife...usually!"

Did the visualizations, smiled, took a couple of deep breaths, and just said f*ck it and let go.

The funny little secret is that you can apply this to everything else you encounter in life now too. ;)

Very true ... I was trying to get a giant bug out of my house the other day and was all "I can do this. I jump out of planes, I jump out of planes ..." ;)
You may never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them to fly in formation.