AMB22

Philadelphia Area

Hey -

I'm planning to take an AFF course in the next few months and get licensed. I'm in the Philly, PA area. Ultimate goal would be to work up to a wingsuit but for now, I just want to learn the basis, etc.

Does it matter where I take the AFF course? Do I get the same license no matter what? Is there any value to going to one of the best dropzones for the course or is the nearest dropzone sufficient?

Thanks!

The closest dz is Cross Keys (Freefall Adventure). I live in NE Philly and it's 26 miles door to door.
Get there soon as although they're open all year, you might find it somewhat difficult to do AFF in the cold weather.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

So it doesn't matter where I get the license? At this point I want to get the license and then visit some dropzones and see what I like most.

Is there any advantage to going to one of the premier dropzones in the US? Seems like a lot of people go to AZ or Ohio.

You can get the license at any dropzone and through
any type of student program. Static line, IAD, AFF or tandem progression.
The license is good anywhere in the US.
The main reason head out to Florida, Arizona, California etc. is for the warmer weather.
Like I said, Cross Keys is open all year, but it does get chillier in the winter.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"