RyanFYF

New addict

I can't remember her name.... Amanda?

Did she have colorful hair? It was probably Amanda. She's good people. :)

And makes great cookies I hear. lol

Tunnel is broke I guess till Thursday or Friday. So I will be going then and hopefully jumping aff4 on Monday. Gotta Say I'm glad the tunnel was down cause I am wore out and sore as hell lol. My body hasn't bent in those directions in years!

hmmm that sucks. The best idea would probably be to wait until the tunnel, then you can breeze through the rest of AFF no problem. But I know if I were in your shoes I'd be itching to get back in the sky and might want to try another AFF, then do tunnel later.

Maybe take a quick trip out to DeLand or call them and talk to one of the instructors you've been with a couple times and see what they think

Tunnel is still down till I guess the 24th but I couldn't wait any longer and went and jumped today. Aff3..done! Exit was smooth and perfect, got thumbs up from both instructors. Practice pull easy, quick leg check and then just relaxed. Instructors let go and I was on my own. Started to wobble abit and when the main instructor redocked, we turned to the right and I was unable to control it. They kinda touched and let go here and there until I waved off and pulled. Wind was high but I landed fine and in my area so no problems there. Debriefing proved I was much more relaxed and aware and calm but my stability is still a little iffy. They said I had no need for two instructors any more but strongly recommend the tunnel before 4 if I don't want to do aff3 again. All in all I'm super happy with how the jump went and have a renewed excitement to continue forward!

UPDATE:

did level 4 and 5 in one jump Saturday after 10 minutes in the tunnel Friday night. What a WORLD of difference. Trevor got me all straightened out in the tunnel and I was SO comfy in the air the next day. I can't wait to try some flips Monday for level 6! Lindsey was my instructor for the 4/5 jump and we had a blast. Another stand up landing and I remembered almost everything this time LOL.

Trevor told me this: "This is not a thinking man's sport. Just relax and do it." And he was right. I over think everything and I was making me a really stiff nervous jumper. Now I know to relax and just enjoy it. Let all my training and muscle memory come to me. Worked out perfect!!!!B|

Great to hear, Ryan! I know the more jumps I do in a day, the more muscle memory comes in to play and seems to make things easier.

Have yet to try the tunnel but am eager to try it and see if it helps my progress. If only it could help on exits ....:P

You may never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them to fly in formation.

Great to hear, Ryan! I know the more jumps I do in a day, the more muscle memory comes in to play and seems to make things easier.

Have yet to try the tunnel but am eager to try it and see if it helps my progress. If only it could help on exits ....:P

that's the biggest rush for me. When the plane slows down and levels off and someone upfront opens the door, That is when my heart beats a million times per minute! Then when I get to the door I get all jittery and have to REALLY focus on breathing nice and slow and moving nice and slow (which is still really fast when I see video lol), once I am off the plane everything immediatly relaxes and it feels MUCH better to free fall. It's funny how that happens.

Got to jump level 6 today before the rain came. LOVE tracking for sure
And the flips were really cool feeling. Nikki laughed and said they were crazy cockeye flips but I recovered just fine and passed no problem. I'm 6'0" and 137lbs with out gear. It's hard to flip my bony ass lol.

Should be Doing my grad jump next weekend and gonna learn mantis wed night. Loving this sport!

hit thtnel again last night! 10 more minutes. This time I learned backwards motion, up and down (fast and slow), side slides, knee turns, and diagonal slides. What a blast!

Now there's nothing between you and you're A license...other than money, weather, beer, time and enough instructors...:P

Boom I officially graduated the AFF course today! Feels so good. Now I am solo baby! It was the most perfect weather, perfect day, and perfect jump. I'm soooo happy! As soon as I landed, one of the instructors caught me on the way out of the pack room and screamed BEER. :P he didn't waste any time Lol. what an amazing day.

Really? You see a tall goofy AFF student in the bright red jumpsuit? That was me lol and my friend did her first tandem with Trevor

I don't recall a tall goofy looking jumper. So either you weren't goofy enough, or our general space-time coordinates just never quite overlapped. I only had time for one jump. Load 9 I think it was? I got there around 11:30'ish and left around 1'ish. Short day for me.

Really? You see a tall goofy AFF student in the bright red jumpsuit? That was me lol and my friend did her first tandem with Trevor

I don't recall a tall goofy looking jumper. So either you weren't goofy enough, or our general space-time coordinates just never quite overlapped. I only had time for one jump. Load 9 I think it was? I got there around 11:30'ish and left around 1'ish. Short day for me.

Same here. Only jumped once and I think it was right around then too. And trust me I am plenty goofy :P