kunjaqueen

Fist Static line jump today and HOOKED

So I tried static line progression a few months ago and took a plane ride up and then a plane ride right back down. Instead of giving up I did another tandem skydive a month ago and then signed up for the static line course again today.
Today was my first jump from 3500 feet and I DID it!!! My arch wasn't great but I got over my fear and made it out the plane so that's one step closer to my license. THe last time my big fear was the hang off the strut, I thought it would be hard to hold on but I realized today that I was hanging and it wasn't hard at all. I'm hoping for nice weather in Washington so I can do more jumps next weekend.

Welcome to the forums and your new addiction.:)
Wish you all the best in your future training.

May I ask why static line and not AFF?

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Congratulations, and welcome to the forums.
I remember my first Static Line jump, as that was all that was offered (also). It will be an experience you will remember forever.
Anyone can swim, only a few swim well.
Anyone can skydive, everyone can skydive well. Practice!

Slowly but surely I am working towards my license. WA weather pretty much sucks so getting in the sky is hard due to my work schedule and the clouds. I find it ironic that the weather all week has been awesome but I bet the weekend is cloudy.

I'm up to 7 total jumps with 5 Static lines. Did 3 jumps last weekend which was AWESOME!!!!

1 and 2 were tandems.
3 (SL#1) - didn't go great but I made it out of the plane which was the goal.
4 (SL#2) - Wasn't scared but as I went to let go of the strut I pulled my knees up to my chest. First failed level but it's OK, every jump is fun. :(
5 (SL#2R)- No issues :)6 (PRCP1) - No issues :)7 (PRCP2) - Fell well and reached but missed the darn rip cord. No worries. I'll get it next time! Landings are getting way better though and I need a lot less guidance from the ground.

Trying to figure out my schedule so I can redo PRCP2, and get PRPC3 and 5 sec free fall knocked out so the fun can really begin!

After thinking about it I'm really glad I went the static line route so far. Only having one new thing to think about is making it all way less overwhelming and stressful. Each jump is getting more and more "natural" and more fun.

Almost 2 years later (non jumping injury and surgery will put a damper on things) and I went back up in the sky Sunday.

I made the switch to AFF and passed level 1 and 2 first time! Free-fall is way better without someone on your back and being under canopy at that higher altitude just gave me more time to enjoy the ride.

I'll be back soon to finish up my A! I can see the end!