Johnny7140

Brand new to the sport.

Hey, my name is John. I am just getting into the sport. I had my first few jumps a few years ago, and have done 1 other since than. Since my first jump I decided i want to get certified, and jump on my own. I finally have the money where I can afford to do it. I dont know much more than what ive read. I hope to start learning a lot more now that Im going to start my classes. I figure this is a good place to meet some experienced people to get advise and such. I live in Clovis NM, and will be jumping from Albuquerque. If anyone is from around there id love to hear stories about the areas DZ's
Thanks,
John

Welcome to the sky! take my advice with a grain of salt because i'm still a newb. But take your instructors advice before you take advice fromt total strangers here on DZ.com. dont get me wrong theres alot of knowledge here, but it's still online and not in person, your intructors will take care of you. happy falling!

Welcome you are in for the time of your life.. lots of good folk on here to banter with. Squeak for one (hang on he takes things a bit too seriously)

Enjoy the adventure !!
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

John,

Welcome to the forum and to skydiving.

The US Parachute Association published Skydiver Information Manual (SIM) is a good and also offical source of information. Section 4 is the student training program. Study section 4 and it's suggested additional sections.

You can download it and study it while you are waiting to start your training.

http://www.uspa.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=MjZZfstaczQ%3d
edit, the download button does not seem to work for me right now.

Here is the link to read it online.
http://www.uspa.org/SIM/Read/tabid/245/Default.aspx
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

Check out the USPA online ground school. Depending on your connection it might load slow but there is a lot of information that will give you a headstart on your knowledge. Don't count on the videos loading but definately look over the information.
http://www.uspa.org/BecomeaSkydiver/OnlineGroundSchool/tabid/557/Default.aspx