babydoll2012

First Jump this month!

So, I originally signed up to join this website as a resource for my upcoming jump at Skydive Alabama later this month. I know absolutely nothing about what to expect but I'm SO EXCITED. These forums are GREAT. I'm really learning a lot by reading other posts.
I've watched a lot of videos also, and read a lot online. I'm just waiting at this point. It sounds like a wind tunnel is a good idea. What do people enjoy about jumping? I'd love to hear about what people enjoy most. I know it wont be easy at first because it sounds like there is a lot to remember but I'm looking forward to the challenge :)

If you think your going to like it then you will probably love it! I just started and only have five jumps to date and even though I suck at freefall I still enjoy it more than I can explain.
As to a tunnel, I am going to one weekend after next to try to improve my stability. My instructors said if you can get to one it's worth it, and they have kept me alive so far so I'm going.
Beyond that the only thing I know for sure is do what you instructors tell you and have a blast.
"You don't get many warnings in this sport before you get damaged"

Trafficdiver, Thank you!
I looked into wind tunnels and they actually don’t have any in Alabama (not surprised). But its still good to know that its not necessary ;)
I'll be jumping tandem at first...I'm not bold enough to just do it...i feel like I would struggle with the canopy part of it? But who knows, I might surprise myself.
Thanks for the support!
Arianna

If you think your going to like it then you will probably love it! I just started and only have five jumps to date and even though I suck at freefall I still enjoy it more than I can explain.

That’s amazing! I'm glad to hear that, but why do you say you suck at freefall??
Arianna

Babydoll,

What day are you scheduled to jump?

Please let us all now how it goes....you are going to LOVE it!

Hi Scott, you are the best! I WILL let you know for sure. Not sure about the exact day, might be Saturday the 28th. I'm going with a few other people that skydive in FL (my roommates).
Arianna

Im in my 50's and tall. Holding a good arch is not easy for me so my stability is not where it needs to be. I'll keep practicing and I'll get there!
Like I said enjoy yourself it really is a blast.
"You don't get many warnings in this sport before you get damaged"

"......I'd love to hear about what people enjoy most. I know it wont be easy at first because it sounds like there is a lot to remember but I'm looking forward to the challenge :)

For me I love the serenity and the calm I experience during freefall. The whole experience for me is surreal. The people at skydive Alabama in Cullman are great and you'll have an excellent experience. I jumped 4xs there this past Sunday. Just whatever happens don't do a tandem with michael corley Bc I don't work there and only have 39 jumps! :) I kid they would never allow it and I wouldn't dare try.. I jump outta planes But I'm not stupid! Make sure you bring tennis shoes and it's a good idea to tip your instructor/videographer/pilot. I'm glad I bought the video for my first tandem personally. Most importantly keep your smile and don't over think it, your going to a quality place with highly trained professionals.

Im in my 50's and tall. Holding a good arch is not easy for me so my stability is not where it needs to be. I'll keep practicing and I'll get there!
Like I said enjoy yourself it really is a blast.

Welcome!

I enjoy the learning and beating problem like BKS60 has. Same here, 50's, stiff.....but with exercise and moving over to static line I got there.

The actual jumps, I enjoy the challage of the dive plan, but it is not a "rush" for me.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”