Monko760

My AFF - A journal / intro

Howdy Dropzone.com made my first jump(Lvl 1 AFF) at Perris on 6/19, feeling very LOW at this moment, life on the ground just doesn't cut it anymore.

So I am introducing myself and want to give a BIG shoutout to VegasJoe for being patient with my ADD self and being an awesome instructor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh7LPku_u4U&feature=player_detailpage#t=292s Please show me no mercy, I want to be humiliated into jumping better. Always worked when Dad was trying to teach me something =).
I fly and stuff, its fun!

Howdy Dropzone.com made my first jump(Lvl 1 AFF) at Perris on 6/19, feeling very LOW at this moment, life on the ground just doesn't cut it anymore.
... want to give a BIG shoutout to VegasJoe for being patient with my ADD self and being an awesome instructor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh7LPku_u4U&feature=player_detailpage#t=292s Please show me no mercy, I want to be humiliated into jumping better. Always worked when Dad was trying to teach me something =).

Heh, The bold part (my emphasis) made me laugh. Speaking as a fellow ADD/overthinker, I can relate! Congrats on your successful CAT A!

Hey Monko,

Welcome to the legal adrenaline filled life of skydiving !!

I, to, have ADD and want you to know; just pay attention to the instructors and IF you drift off, are distracted, ASK them to repeat what they said. My ADD is extreme when I am told to read something. When I'm shown, anything, I can lock it in. (thus) know your weakness and you will find skills to work with it, like I have.

Know that skydiving is a skill and your learning will never end. -anyone else, AMEN to that?-
So relax, listen, and enjoy the lessons. Next time you hear DOOR know that the instructors will not push you past your learned skills. Be prepared to repeat some jumps, its common.

Finally, and again, welcome to the friendliest community of adventurers; skydivers.

hubs
Anyone can swim, only a few swim well.
Anyone can skydive, everyone can skydive well. Practice!

That was the video from my level 3, it just wouldn't let me edit my post to include it.

The coached tunnel time REALLY helped. Plus if I fail a level they will let me repeat 1 jump for free as a part of the tunnel coaching.

Now I have to fight the urge to fail on purpose... stupid gimmicky promotions giving me moral quandaries!!

So I am introducing myself and want to give a BIG shoutout to VegasJoe for being patient with my ADD self and being an awesome instructor.

You did a better job than I did on my level one. Nice work.

p.s. Around 5:15 I saw the March runway and thought, for a second, "Gosh, they're way far away from the DZ." D'oh!:S
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

You did a better job than I did on my level one. Nice work.

p.s. Around 5:15 I saw the March runway and thought, for a second, "Gosh, they're way far away from the DZ." D'oh!:S

I was first out the door, so yea I was above the 215 when I deployed. Im planning of doing level 4 on Friday hopefully this monsoon business doesn't ruin my plans!