jers119

How's it going everyone!

How's everyone doing? Well, I'm new to skydiving and I have been wanting to do this for years. I finally made the choice to just do it, I'm not getting any younger. So May 26 is my level 1 and I'm hoping to progress to earning my A class license one day and if I become good enough, I'd like to be able to use a squirrel suit and all. However, I am very interested in so many things that skydivers get to do that I'd like to try it all as I learn!

I'm super excited to start my new sport! Please feel free to offer me any advice you have as I definitely want to learn even now. I have been on the USPA site studying the SIMS and I understand it's nothing like actually jumping, but I figure any information is good information to try and be familiarized with the lingo that I'll have to learn quickly at level 1. Have a good one everyone!

Welcome to skydiving and the forums.
Being safe is listening to instructors and asking questions.

When ever you achieve a first make sure to let someone know.
That piece of advice you will figure out soon enough. :)

Finally: Live long and jump often; Blue skys !
Anyone can swim, only a few swim well.
Anyone can skydive, everyone can skydive well. Practice!

Welcome to the forums! :)beer rules but in these tough economic times, I think a lot of people are mum on their firsts.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Welcome to the forums! :)beer rules but in these tough economic times, I think a lot of people are mum on their firsts.

Ya know, I have read a few articles and posts about beer! I think I'd better make sure I have a case or two just to be safe...... Thanks for the link and most of all thank you for the warm welcome to the forums and skydiving!!!!! ;)

Welcome!! Smile, breathe, have fun, enjoy.

Definitely keep this thread going on your progress... It'll be awesome!!

Ok, I'll keep it going. I'm sure we all will get some good laughs and some will probably think to themselves, "wow, what an idiot!" But most of all, I want to learn from my mistakes and have fun.

My promise to everyone involved in the sport (especially my instructors) is to not do something so stupid ie cutting away a perfectly good canopy at low altitude and pull my reserve.

Stay tuned as I will update when I do my first jump!!!

see... you figured it out soon enough ;).

now to work enough to have jumping money. nvm, sell everything.

'you have a sarcasm sign?'

But really, be safe and have fun. see you on the dz some day.
Anyone can swim, only a few swim well.
Anyone can skydive, everyone can skydive well. Practice!