Darw1n

Newbie here!

Greetings everyone! I'm new to the sport and failed my AFF 4 twice. I was having problems with my arch. I spent 15 mins in the wind tunnel last night and think I've got it down. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

Practice Practice Practice!.
Getting tunnel time in while your still a student is awesome! I'm in South Africa, we don't have a tunnel here. I'm on my B license now and no tunnel time.
Remember to keep that head up and look at he horizon. If you head is up you body goes into an arch naturally. Also don't try and fight the air. let it shape you. But speak to your instructors dude. They will know where you are going wrong.
P.S don't get downed by failing levels a couple of times. it's all part of learning process.
Safe!

Weeks before my first jump I visited the DZ and telked to some instructors. One told me, "Start stretching your back right now", and described some things to do. I did some of that, but didn't take it all that seriously.

I am an older "new jumper". I had problems and discovered that the lack of flexibility in my back and lack of strength in my back limited how deeply and for how long I could hold a good arch. When those facts became clear to me, I took some time off and worked on my physical issues for a couple of months.

I started jumping again a few weeks ago on static line program so that I can continue to work my way up in strength and flexibility. I am doing short free falls at this time and things are going much better for me.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

What up doc? Advice?? Talk to your instructors a LOT!! Go fly... have fun... and other than that, trust the arch. It'll work to keep you stable, 100% certain.

Don't worry about failing a portion either. This is the kind of thing you want to get right and I'm pretty certain, unless you just have a poor fragile ego or something, that once you get that license and become a fun jumper you won't think twice about how many student jumps you had to do. I say that from experience because it was jump 24 or 25 for me to finally finish my A card.

No worries though. It's just like the meaning of life which is: who gives a fuck?? Just live while you're here. That's what jumping is about (to a lot of people).

...Don't Get Elimated!!