flightmonkey

Hey All

Hey guys, just started checking these forums out, figured it was time to join in!

I'll be 21 this June, currently studying New Media at the University of Maine, mostly interested in videography and photography, (besides skydiving) and drumming!

Got my A license at Skydive New England last summer, totally hooked on the sport to say the least.

Only have 35 jumps right now, but I got lucky and scored myself an internship at the DZ for the summer doing social media marketing and the like, so I'll be jumping as much as I can afford!

In the hunt for my first rig and other gear right now. Hoping to someday work as an arial videographer/photographer. With any luck I'll be throwing together gnarly edits and helping people show off their skills in just a few years!

Would love any advice in reaching these goals,
Blue skies!

-Nate

Whassup monkey? Nice screenname by the way...

I can't give you any advice on becoming a videographer but I can say you could get a lot of overall experience if you become a roadie so to speak.

Make friends with a CReW team and play the part of packer at Nationals or other similar competitions and you might have to pay your own way, a decent part of the gas and/or buy a lot of beer but it would be well worth it.

I'm planning to do just that myself and I think it'll be awesome in a relatively beginnerish sort of way. As with any advise you read on this forum it's up to you to decide with your big boy pants on and it wouldn't surprise me if like 200 other people disagree but whatever.

That's my 2 cents worth....