gato_fly

Jumper in Japan

my aff course was 223,000 yen which is super expensive i hear but i wanted to get it done here. with gear rental after aff each jump is 9500 yen. 6500 i think is the jump ticket at fujioka dz

so I googled a currency converter to figure out what that means, and 1000 yen = ~$12.25 US right now. That means the AFF course was ~$2,730 (7 jumps?), jump+gear rental would be ~ $115, and just a jump ticket is ~$80.

yeah thats about right. main reason i only have 10 jumps but i just started march 11th. i don't know these people have become my family. my dz is fujioka DZ. from day one everyone wanted to help me and teach me and shoot the shit. and beers\ and food is always being handed to you. overall, the experience pays for itself to me. there are only three uspa dz's in japan i think.

my aff course was 223,000 yen which is super expensive i hear but i wanted to get it done here. with gear rental after aff each jump is 9500 yen. 6500 i think is the jump ticket at fujioka dz

God Damn :o?!

AFF = $2733 for a first jump course + 7-8 jumps?

Student solos = $116

Lift tix = $79

That's VERY pricey. What about this place: http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/171.shtml

For your reference. My full A license cost me about $2400 for everything (OK, except for medical expenses :P...). Here, in the US. Student solos are $50-$60. Lift tix are $20-$26. Most turbine DZs take you to 13,500 feet.

I understand that life in Japan is extremely expensive. I do hope you continue in the sport. I also hope you find a cheaper place to jump. At those prices. A week-long jump-cation to Australia will seem like a bargain: http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/238.shtml

Lol, i said the same thing. I plan on going to the states for a month of jumping later this year. I just need to find where i want to go. Im thinking seven hills in wisconsin just because its close to home but also i want to venture to random locations of the beaten path.

Military is why im here. Guam dz if i can get info is where i decided for may 11-20 just looking for prices on jumps. Got a friend that is going to guam to visit and invited me to come along

Oh no, guam is not for sport skydivers. :( hmmmmmmmm wtf non uspa as well oh well anyone know a good inexpensive dz? Well im sure everone knows one or two but i want to make my first venture from the nest epic so, if anyone wants to have an epic skydiving trip let me know