jwalbright

New Colorado Jumper

Hey everyone.

My name is Jamie, Aug 18th 2011 I was in ohio and tried to rollar coaster, I was not able too because I was too big for the seat belt to fit around me.

It was a real wake up call for me, When I got back to colorado I started losing weight. In 6 months I have lost 100lbs and I am pleased that on Feb 18th I completed my AFF1 class and jump. It was so much fun and signed up for AFF2 march 3rd. I am definatly looking forward to learning as much as I can and getting involed in this sport. My current goal is to try to get my A by the End of may. Should be a fun time.

Its funny on the trailer ride to the plane some of the othere guys told me I was smart for doing my AFF now. When I exited and the cold air hit me like a ton of bircks I did not feel that smart but I still had a lot of fun :)
Enter Funny thought Here

It was a real wake up call for me, When I got back to colorado I started losing weight. In 6 months I have lost 100lbs )

:oWow, man great job. How did you do it?

Furthermore it's awesome you are doing AFF. I can't think of a better reward than skydiving for turning your life around that much.

Hang in there it keeps getting better and better.

JW You didn't mention where you jump, but if you are at Mile Hi, I will look you up. I have a really nice logbook for you as a gift. I will give it to you, no matter where you jump, but if it is at Mile Hi it will be easy. I can even leave it at the desk. You sound like you have the determination to see things through, and that is great. I am the old guy there. Most of the people know me, and will be happy to point out the old guy to you. In fact, I am so old I hve a 3 digit social Security number! So if you reply to tell me where, I can get the book to you somehow. Anyway, you are a newbie and that's so cool and welcome to the world of skydiving. Remember; skydivers have more fun than people.
Walt Green

Hi Walt, Yes I am jumping at Mile Hi; I have Aff6 and hopefully 7 scheduled for this Sat. I am going to try to get some tunnel time Friday and maybe get some practice with the back flip and front flip. I look forward to meeting you. Jamie.
Enter Funny thought Here

I hope those little things will lead you to greater heights!! (Pun.) It really isn't a big deal. It is just to welcome you to the sport. Positive outlook and all that. Some day you will do the same. Looking forward to seeing you at the drop zone some day, and meeting you in person. Hope your dives went well today.

A single bottle of brew would be just fine as a fun thing! The spirit of a gift is not to expect anything in return but your smile and continue in the sport; and, of course, never quit when you are on a quest.

See you in the sky soon.

Congrats on joining the sport. We are a family and a culture in itself. I've been told a lot of awesome things about jumping on CO. I need to make it out west sometime. Stay safe and enjoy. B|

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Jamie
I'll be up to Mile Hi this weekend. Not sure what day, or both. It'd be great to finally meet you. If you get off AFF it would be fun to jump with you.

I am a coach so it'd be legal and all. Get your A lic qualification card and start on getting licensed. Walt

Awesome walt. I will be doing coach jumps this weekend. Both sat and sunday I am trying to get my license before the end of may. With the weather forcast I am going to try to get as many in as I can afford. I am doing my last solo then on to c4 and all that. I look forward to meeting you.
Enter Funny thought Here

Hey congrats on getting so close to getting your A license! I see that you've done your jumping at Mile-Hi? How was the school? How were the instructors? I am scheduled and registered to do my first AFF level at Mile-Hi May 26. I'm very excited and thinking of moving that date up by two weeks even. But I was wondering if you'd share your AFF experience with Mile-Hi? Hope to see you at the DZ! Jeremy

I would say they are top notch. Of course I really have nothing to compare it too but I felt prepared every jump as to what was expected of me, I had all my questions answered. Made it through my AFF in just 7 jumps but the tunnel helped out alot for that as well. I enjoyed it.
Enter Funny thought Here

Yea I did 3 or 4 10 min coaching sessions with Derek P down there. He is great but most of the guys down there seem pretty good. I didnt need to do that much but I did mostly because I was still to heavy to sky dive and while I was loseing weight but I could still do the indoor stuff and it was hella fun so I kept doing that untill I could do it for real.
Enter Funny thought Here

I would guess unlikely, I am on call then. So there is a good chance I will have to work. Of course If your doing AFF 1 that day your going to be stuck in a class room all day. I plan on being around. If all goes to my "master plan"(insert evil laugh) I will be there this sunday all day doing a canopy class and then getting my last 3 jumps for my lincens the following weekend. If I do get a chance I can try to come out but like I said I am going to be on call that weekend and the weekend prior then I willl be on vacation in Ohio for 2 weeks to see Dave matthews and family, but mainly for the Dave shows.

I want to get my lincens befor the trip because I want to check out the Ohio DZ and also VA Dz, Should be a fun trip. I am sure we will run into each other though. Lots of cool people out there

Jamie.
Enter Funny thought Here

Very cool stuff man, definitely. Congrats on bth accounts and welcome to the forums and the sport.

Keep this thread going!! It's really good to see you overcoming obstacles and meeting goals. Inspiring even.

...Don't Get Elimated!!

Could not finish up my A card today, Was kind of bummed but did talk to the progam people there and got a copy of my A card and then called the good folks at Start Skydiving in Middelton Ohio where I will be visiting next week. I should be able to finish up there. I guess my question is will I need two cases of beer. 1 for first time away from home DZ and next for geting my A card done. Should make me a popular person espically on a wed when I plan on going.
Enter Funny thought Here