tkulczyski

New jumper

Hello everyone! I have heard so much about this forum that I had to check it out. I am told that there is a tremendous amount of support along with even more wisdom!

I'm new to the sport, but the minute I boarded the plane for my first tandem on September 17, I fell in love. I took the AFF course on October 7, 2011, and on October 22, 2011 (my 4th jump) I came in way too hard, suffered a T8 fracture and was admitted into U of M for a spinal fusion.

The Surgeon said I should be able to return to jumping as soon as June, 2012..... I'm nervous and excited,
Any words of wisdom?
"When you enjoy the time your wasting, your not wasting time" ~ Undecided

There's definitely a TON of good stuff here... namely in the Safety Articles and certain parts of the forums.

That said, filter. One of the best things is there are varying opinions and debates in a lot of threads which goes to show you what is great for some is terrible for others and what some believe wholeheartedly is completely backwards to others.
The bad thing is there are a lot of varying opinions and unless you can decide what makes sense to you some topics can get confusing.

As long as you like to read you're good :-)

My radio wasn't on my ear, and I started to focus on that rather than the fact that I should have started to Flare by that point. Once I regained focus and looked ahead, it was too late. I started to flare but let it go, apparently
"When you enjoy the time your wasting, your not wasting time" ~ Undecided