pandamonium

Howdy

Hey all,

I've been lurking here for a bit. I decided to say howdy.

I did a tandem jump in Australia in March 2011, and loved it. After I got home, I started doing Static lines. I got injured on the third static line and have been recovering since. I suffered an Acute compression on my T12 Vertibrae. I came in hot and hit the ground pretty hard due to not having a left toggle. (Pulling the rear riser's didn't work)

I'm scheduling a visit down to ZHills down in Florida in June. I plan on spending two weeks there with hopes to get the last 22 jumps for my A-license under the AFF program.

Eventually I want to learn how to wingsuit, which looks like so much fun from anything I've seen so far.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello. See ya'll around.

-Chris
I hate landing in planes.

The line that runs from the toggle to the rear-left of the canopy had frayed/broken. I pulled the toggle, and had about 6" of line in my left hand. The rest of the line wrapped up the corner of the canopy.

There was no spin, but I was told prior that if something like this happens to reach up to the rear risor of that side and pull down.

I only had right turns the whole way down under canapy. I had to hit the ground with no brakes. (Can't just pull the right toggle)

welcome! I also got injured during training...it can be rough learning! B|

did one of your toggles come undone when the canopy opened causing a spin? what do you mean you didn't have your left toggle?

Yeah I put a lot of thought into it. It's the best time that I can make it down there. I might come in May if I get a chance to though.

Hopefully I can get 23 jumps completed in two weeks/12 days if the weather will act right!

Welcome to the forums! :)

The line that runs from the toggle to the rear-left of the canopy had frayed/broken. I pulled the toggle, and had about 6" of line in my left hand. The rest of the line wrapped up the corner of the canopy.

There was no spin, but I was told prior that if something like this happens to reach up to the rear risor of that side and pull down.

I only had right turns the whole way down under canapy. I had to hit the ground with no brakes. (Can't just pull the right toggle)

did one of your toggles come undone when the canopy opened causing a spin? what do you mean you didn't have your left toggle?

holy shit

holy shit

Yeah, I love how (he?) just told the story like, "so, I was driving down the road and missed my turn!" :o:P

Panda -- If the rest of the canopy ride was actually as calm as your describe it, then GOOD ON YA! Sorry you got hurt, hope you heal up well, and have FUN in Z-Hills! They have a great staff there who will do their best to help you get your requirements finished safely. :)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!