Kimkay

Brand new!

Hi everyone!
I am brand new to this sport and site (although I have been lurking around a little bit). I had my first tandem in December and I absolutely loved it. In fact, it's all I have been thinking about! I can't seem to get skydiving off my mind. :P I'm pretty sure I've already annoyed everyone around me by talking about it so much. haha I am most likely going for my second tandem this weekend at Deland and then I hope to start my AFF training there as well!
I hope I will be able to balance this new found obsession and college easily. :)

I was just curious. I did 3 tandems before I jumped on my own, but it was part of my training. I'm all about people feeling comfortable with what they're doing; if you need to do 10 tandems, then do it!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

A friend of mine was dating a tandem instructor, who took her for tandems a couple of dozen times over the course of a few years. She was just never ready to solo until recently -- now she jumps her ass off! :)

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Hi Kim,

I do a fair bit of travelling and love the USA :) so its a worthwhile journey - I am actually working in Fl for a few days but going early to start AFF.

Apart from the weather which is pretty poor in the Uk in March its actually cheaper in the USA by about 30%.

I've only got a few days but I hope to get a level or 2 under my belt before coming back to the UK.

Enjoy and blue skies :)

Welcome Brand New!!!

I used to catch myself going on and on and on when people would ask me about skydiving, like 30 minutes later their eyes would start to glaze over....

So of course I would just keep on talking about it. If only I had worked with other skydivers, that probably would've been the ****!!

Have fun!

Hello nice lady

Your going to be jumping at deland a great DZ.

Your a female college student entering a male domentated sport. You'll do marvelous. ;)

If you have any questions use skymama to watch your back front and sides.She'll be able to steer you in the right direction.

At the DZ you'll have more helpers, listeners etc than you can handle. If you got any girl friends at school that you can encourage to visit the DZ even just to watch.

The price is right (free) :)

Have your girl friends bring out a lawn chair or a blanket to catch some rays and a picnic basket (no booze or drugs btw).

College and jumping, no problem as long as you stay focused. I was making 100 jumps/yr and graduated with a Engineering degree with honors. Using a slide rule. (Google is your friend)

Trust me I'm a dude thats old enough to be you grandpa. Don't worry be happy and stay safe:)
R.

KRIP

One Jump Wonder

School and skydiving? No problem! Grants and loans can pay for your AFF B| I know it did for hm hm somebody. In a long run it helped that hm hm someone to pay back and more when working in industry.

Hi

You work in the skydiving industry, you need new customers to to pay your salary and you think its B| for a college student to use their grant & student loan money to go out and play.

Dude thats not B| thats :S.

FWIW its advice like that from the real estate, banking industry that wwere some of the factors that caused the challengeing economic conditions that this country is faceing right now.

Feel Free to PM me.

R
One Jump Wonder