hdskygod

Fitting in as a new skydiver

Sorry guys. But I smell something.

Yeah, this guy has been asked multiple times to fill in the profile, he/she has yet to comply. That's a plea of guilty right there.

edited to delete personal attack.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I would go and find another DZ, I only have 37 jumps and have been to 3 DZ's one of them was a tandem factory and that was the least sociable but EVERYONE was still very cooperative, knowledgeable and friendly. Then I went to Deland, there's a lot of teams there and kind of cliqish but again, EVERYONE was very sociable and helpful. The next last DZ I went to was Raeford, I was there for the weekend and the next thing I knew I was going out to dinner, getting smashed out in town, house party and not to mention crashed a guys house. FIND A NEW HOME DZ!

EDIT: He might not want to fill out his info so he doesn't get harrased. This IS an off subject
New guy... Just finished AFF

There aren't many places where people go around asking solos if they want to be brought in to their jumps,

If not trolling, it's simple....change DZs.
I live at one that WILL go around asking solos if they want to be brought in to their jumps.

Fill in your profile, eh?

+1 change DZ's

Every DZ os different

Some are great, some are marvelous some are OK Some are inferior especially for student .

Sound like the Farm could be great some like the DZ the OP landed on isound like one of the inferior ones that Hustle the students for $$$.

Don't whine and feel bitter, The DZ The OP's at isn't going to change. Why? because they don't have to.

How do I know been there done that.

There will always another new student to replace a unhappy one. After they have spent thier money on the steep learning curve. Don't walk away RUN!!!!

It's a business model that some DZ's use.

Before choosing a DZ visit and check it out. Pack a lunch and a lawn chair. Check out the vibes. Is The DZ a happy like pops describe's or do You feel like you walked into a used car lot .

Hanging out and checking the vibes is free and could save you time and $$$ in the long run. Tell tale signs of a DZ I would stay away from, to many Tandems, to many solos, students that don't know how to pack, and to many cute babes that are on the fast track, poor service, a crappy looking plane.

You won't know the difference between a student friendly DZ and a used car lot until you look around. and kick the tires.

Due dillengence. I'm not talking bout counting nickels it's all about the vibes.

Change you screen name to something gender neutral like sky bunny or something and see what happens in the forums.:ph34r:

Fill in the pofile? YMMV on that one, snitch's get stitches if you make your profile to specific and someone from DZY.com works/jumps there and your whineing[:/]

DONT LIE but don't be to specific either. There's plenty of profiles that different. I've only been called once on my profileB|

I use it for my sig line. I had a serious PM (not BM) with the poor guy that hit the post button without sending a PM first. We compared notes you know who etc etc. Now we're best of friends.

Write down your liscense number on your profile :Sanyone that works in the industry will know your real name by doing a search of the USPA data base. and who know what other info.

Would you give someone your SS# , pin # etc
:S
R.
One Jump Wonder