Reginald

ProTrack Missed a jump, how do I reset Jump numbers, etc.

Okay, I did a hop n pop last week and did not reset my breakoff. I exited below my first breakoff alarm and the Protrack did not register the jump. Not a big deal but I would like to “add” the jump to my Protrack as I like it being correct on jump numbers and freefall time.

First, I have read the manual. It does not explain how to add missing jumps; it suggest that jumps and cumulative time be input before you start using it. So great, it is no help.

Has anyone just gone into the setup and edited the total jump numbers and time? Will it be smart enough to continue to associate the correct info with the jumps in which they actually occurred or will it just muck it up? I can always delete all the data and start from scratch but I’d prefer not to. There has to be a way to add a jump without ruining all the historical data.

Blue Skies,
Ron
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Okay, I did a hop n pop last week and did not reset my breakoff. I exited below my first breakoff alarm and the Protrack did not register the jump.

The alarms have nothing to do with it logging the jump or not. The reason it did not log the jump is you didn't take a delay of 7 seconds or longer.

First, I have read the manual. It does not explain how to add missing jumps;

Sure it does, but let me help you through it.

1. Perform ACCESS.
2. Press MODE untill you get to the logbook page.
3. Press SET three times. Wait for the jump totals to begin flashing.
4. Press Set to move the total up by one (hold to add more than one) releasing set and pressing it again will make the jump total move down.
5 Press mode when jump totals are correct.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for Hours, then minutes, and then seconds of freefall.
7 Press mode one more time to end the procedure.

So great, it is no help.

Try page 18 in the manual. RTFM.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

First, I have read the manual. It does not explain how to add missing jumps;

Sure it does, but let me help you through it.

1. Perform ACCESS.
2. Press MODE untill you get to the logbook page.
3. Press SET three times. Wait for the jump totals to begin flashing.
4. Press Set to move the total up by one (hold to add more than one) releasing set and pressing it again will make the jump total move down.
5 Press mode when jump totals are correct.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for Hours, then minutes, and then seconds of freefall.
7 Press mode one more time to end the procedure.

So great, it is no help.

Try page 18 in the manual. RTFM.

Thanks the the feedback. I read this page. This discussed INITIAL setup. So you saying next jump will be the correct number 2 above the last loged jump, even if I change the totals? I guess we'll see since i already did it.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

The first page on your protrack is NOT the log book, it's just the readout from logged jumps. You next logged jump should appear as if you skipped a number providing you added one to the logbook.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Thanks the the feedback. I read this page. This discussed INITIAL setup. So you saying next jump will be the correct number 2 above the last loged jump, even if I change the totals? I guess we'll see since i already did it.

That's exactly what he is saying. I have missed a few jumps on hop and pops with less than a 7 second delay. I updated using this same method and it works perfectly.