Priceless

Just finished AFF.. Want to stay healthy!!

Greetings! Newbie here, i just finished my AFF levels. I am taking my packing class on Thursday. My goal is to get my A license within the next two weeks. I would definatly be jumping tomorrow, but my lower back is sore!! I guess my leg straps were a little too loose on my level 7 jump and when I opened canopy it snapped my back a little! Not like break my back snap, but that shit hurt! My instructor told me to keep my legs forward a little after I pull, but I think it was mostly that my leg straps were loose. I just remember pulling then arching and snap! I love this sport and I don't want that to happen again. Thanks for listening!!

I was getting sore too and began to stretch well before my jumps. It made big difference. I have also started doing basic Yoga exercises and it that has really increased my flexibility. Congrats on the jumps. I am planning to finish my AFF on Thursday if the skies stay blue.
Fear is the thief of dreams.....

I've been keeping my leg straps tight and I haven't had any hard openings since... My packing class was great! I love packing my own! It's such a rewarding feeling having a canopy that you packed open up smoothly. I've now done 4 solo jumps and I love this sport more every day. I've been packing and jumping a pulse 230. Right now I dont care about the canopy size, that canopy lands and flies so smoothly. But its the free fall that I'm really so addicted to. Hopefully I will get the rest of my jumps within the next 10 days to get my A license!

I dare ya to put THAT on a Tee-Shirt! ***
Good one:D

So, I just got my A license yesterday! I needed 5 coached jumps and one hop and pop. I couldn't believe we fit all the jumps in, especially because it was foggy in the morning so we were delayed. It was a blast doing jump after jump after jump. I had to drop the biggest deuce! But there was no time between jumping and packing to make the next plane!

Oh, and I have realized, it is more my body position than my leg straps that affects the hard opening on my back...