shorehambeach

Newbie Question (take it easy!) Done Tandem but AFF...

Hi Kr0me - not sure - am near Brighton.

Then I reckon Headcorn will be your nearest. However, Netheravon (near Salisbury) should also be within striking distance and is a great DZ - I'd recommend that.

Sadly learning in the States may spoil you a little, and won't prepare you for the joys of dodging the British weather - but it's well worth it for the sake of fast progression. Hope it goes great while you're out there!

A very nice day at the DZ indeed.... You looked good under canopy today. Sounds like you are doing great in free fall as well. I'll be jumping again Wednesday if you decide to add a day or so to your holiday. Welcome to the brothahood!
Fear is the thief of dreams.....

Divingfool

Managed to squeeze as much as I could into the few days at Deland - I am officially hooked !

Seems like I have travelled a long way since that first post :) Deland and Chromy and Lindsay were superb :)

I am going to do the last bit of AFF and consolidation jumps in the UK then plan to get back to Deland later in the year.

Blue Skies.

First welcome. As you can see I'm a new guy too; recently licensed. First talk to your instructors and get a sanity check from them on whether another tandem would be to your benefit. It's quite possible that they may say no and save you some money.

The learning curve may look a little daunting at first but one jump at a time. What's already in the log book is great to take humble pride in and occassionally show the friends (if you wish). But I can say this unequivocally...the most important jump is the NEXT ONE!