Namowal

Noob Cartoon: Chicken of the Sky (AFF version)

Love it! And, I'm so glad to hear that you started your training. Just to let you know, I felt the same way you did about starting skydiving; that was 11 years ago. You'll get over your fears. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I loved the clear distinction between the instructor and you (the "Not Me" and "me" part).

That has got to be the best depiction of the "Door Monster" ever.

And I laughed my ass off at "ready, set. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArch".

You say that you "could have done better..."
Really?
There was a lot more text and a bit fewer illustrations this time, but a lot of that stuff has nuances that are nearly impossible to get across in a drawing, and without the explanation, nobody that doesn't jump would get it.

I hope you keep them coming. That really made my day.
Thanks.

Edit to add:

Duhhh. (on me) I just figured out that you meant better on the jump.

I always consider any jump that:

A - You land safely at the end of
B - You have fun doing

is a sucessful jump.

You will soon learn that every jump has some part that could have been done better. That's the challenge.
And the fun.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Your cartoons are awesome! Once you have a butt load of jumps, you're going to look back and smile at what you've accomplished.

There are a lot of threads on DZ.com about being nervous when you jump. If you haven't already, there is a lot of great info out there about it and stories of other jumpers' experiences too.

Blue skies!:)

http://3ringnecklace.com/

I loved the clear distinction between the instructor and you (the "Not Me" and "me" part).

That has got to be the best depiction of the "Door Monster" ever.

And I laughed my ass off at "ready, set. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArch".

It's odd, but even though I had two previous tandems (and thus knew damn well what leaving a plane felt like), the intensity of the drop still surprised me. I guess it's gonna take some more drops before I get used to that part.

I always consider any jump that:

A - You land safely at the end of
B - You have fun doing

is a successful jump.

You will soon learn that every jump has some part that could have been done better. That's the challenge.
And the fun.

Well, I was secretly proud that I landed without hurting myself. I remember thinking "Dang, that PLF thing really works!"
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Awesome. I really like your, "under impression that I know what I'm doing...." caricature.

Actually "under impression that I know what I'm doing" often applies to me on the ground as well. Maybe I should have a T-shirt made up.

Your cartoons are awesome! Once you have a butt load of jumps, you're going to look back and smile at what you've accomplished.

There are a lot of threads on DZ.com about being nervous when you jump. If you haven't already, there is a lot of great info out there about it and stories of other jumpers' experiences too.

Blue skies!:)

I am looking forward to the day when the realization that I'm next out the door triggers an innate "Oh boy!" instead of an "Oh no! What am I doing?":)

Awesome. I really like your, "under impression that I know what I'm doing...." caricature.

Actually "under impression that I know what I'm doing" often applies to me on the ground as well. Maybe I should have a T-shirt made up.

Tee Shirt? I think you are on to something there. I'll be your first customer.

Really cool!! Very interesting how much close you got from the feelings we had as students!!
Keep going please!

Thanks shattenjager. I'm attempting level two this weekend. I'm still in "No! Not the door!" mode:$, so it should be good for material (in addition to learning skills).

Sure! :)
If I may suggest, get there even before they open, you want to be the first there, sooner you jump, better wind conditions you will find, later in the morning the wind will get crazy! GOOD LUCK!
I won't be there this time, I go to Perris because they have a canopy for rent that I need to use for my progression, I hope to see you in Elsinore soon.
Have fun!
The mind is like a parachute: If you don't open it, it doesn't work.