Bugatti

My first jump..no rush

I went skydiving for the first time today. I wasn't nervous at all on the way up or even right before jumping, the experience was cool and something differnt but I didn't get an adrenaline rush or anything is that normal? I went with 3 friends and they said they didn't get one either, not even skydiving can give me an adrenaline rush?

I went skydiving for the first time today. I wasn't nervous at all on the way up or even right before jumping, the experience was cool and something differnt but I didn't get an adrenaline rush or anything is that normal? I went with 3 friends and they said they didn't get one either, not even skydiving can give me an adrenaline rush?

You probably didn't do it right. Maybe try a different instructor.

You guys on beta blockers?

If not try going straight to base jumping.

Or crotch rockets without helmets, that's a rush.
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

Welcome to the forums! :)

Never did a tandem, but I'd support this advice based on my first solo jump.

All that bravado from the OP would quickly vanish with the sound of the plane and the faces of the other jumpers leaving you all alone thousands of feet up.

Your life, your hands, your mistake, your price.

it's supposed to give you a sense of Accomplishment...
no one promises a rush......
A jumper gets to enjoy THAT... after learning a thing or two and successfully carrying out a few jumps...:)If you had outside camera coverage, you would have SEEn such a visual.. B|

Maybe try bowling...:|

jt

I think his name says it all. :D

I didn't get an adrenaline rush like I do when I fight or compete for something when I went....it was just...different. My mind shut off so I was able to just take it all in.

Count $100 bills while walking through Brooklyn and try to find as many alley short cuts as possible. :)

[me trying to be funny]
Tell you what.
I'm about as new as you, and this scares the #^@& out of me. If brain transplant technology improves anytime soon, I'll gladly donate the chunk of my brain that feels "the rush" much the same way someone on the tracks feels "the train." I'll reserve 5% of said chunk to keep me from wandering into propellers or looking for my house when I should be looking at the altimeter.
It's a win-win, I say!
[/me trying to be funny]
:)
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

[me trying to be funny]

You are funny, Jennifer. :)
Assuming the original OP isn't just trolling, it's interesting what a hostile reaction he gets here - we like it when others are wowed by the awesomness of our sport, but take it personally when they're indifferent to it.

Skydiving is not for everyone, and the reason doesn't have to be that you're too scared or not sufficiently switched on - it can be because it just doesn't do 'it' for you. I'm just very glad that it does it for me. :)

I think it's normal.. do people actually get surging adrenaline like when you're about to fall backwards off a ladder? I find it's more like your blood pressure is higher and you're a little more on edge before/during/after jumping. Skydiving the ground's a long way off and ladder you know you're gona hit :ph34r: