thegull

When the door opens...

Hello everyone,

I am a noob in skydiving but i already love it !
Got 18 jumps in my board, and my freshly baked A-Level i had last week...Can't wait to jump one more.

My preferred moment ? When the door opens...
Everything become clear ( even my goggles ). The mind is awake, the heart is shaking.. The legs can't wait to push the plane...
It is like a friday night before a long weekend.

You shall excuse my english cause i'm french...

Enjoy,

TheGull
Hey ! i am an iPhone Developper and guess what ? I made an App for recording your jumps live with the gps signal... http://www.skydivergps.com/iphone/

Before this weekend, i always got really nervous when that door opened. I used to almost dread that time, but not anymore.

Not sure what changed, but its like all of a sudden i was comfortable sitting there ready to go, maybe my instructor just relaxed me or something?

Either way, i now have a lot of fun during the whole ride up and everything following!!

Congrats on the A license theGull

Before this weekend, i always got really nervous when that door opened. I used to almost dread that time, but not anymore.

Thats what I need to get over but then again I only have 1 jump so far.

Congrats on your license. I'm working on mine, 13 jumps into it and love every moment. Took about 2 months to get through AFF due to weather issues and I had to repeat Cat C. But I'm so glad I don't have an instructor judging me anymore, THAT made me nervous.

It's strange because I don't get scared at all at altitude, I get really happy. Especially before exit. But when I sit down at home and think about what I'm doing, I get kinda scared. That's backwards I think.

I just bought a used rig with a 190 Spectre that is loaded 1:1. I really want to jump it Sunday but that might not be the best decision since I only have 13 jumps and only stood up one of them on a 210.

Good luck with your new journey Thegull. Blue Skies.

Not sure what changed, but its like all of a sudden i was comfortable sitting there ready to go, maybe my instructor just relaxed me or something?

Either way, i now have a lot of fun during the whole ride up and everything following!!

Similar experience here. Through AFF I always had a 'preference' to sit at a comfortable distance from the door.

All that disappeared somewhere during my coach jumps for whatever reason - spending more time at the (open) door on the ride up to altitude probably helped along with being more and more comfortable and less anxious about the jumps themselves.

I feel the same way now when the door opens! I can't say it was always like that, because the first time the door opened, I was screaming in my head "WHY AM I DOING THIS!" lol

Congratulations on your A license!!! B|

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
---Kollege Kay--,--'-@
Newbie Skydiver

Well said.

I remember the very first time the door opened at 10.5 ....and I remember thinking, ok now it just got real son!! haha

You know, just about every time the airplane lines up on the runway, and the pilot opens the throttle, I have a similar thought -- "Well, you've done it now!" :D
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.