t-heineken

New Student in Bay Area, Cali

Hi everyone,

I've been meaning to start certification for a long time.... Did a tandem in Queenstown, NZ 3 years ago; then another one in Hollister, CA, USA mid last year. Skydive Hollister had a great sale last October and I decided to take the plunge :) Nothing quite like the freedom of freefall!

Did my first two levels last weekend, and hoping to get a few more jumps this coming weekend.

Starting to think about what gear is best for a tall person (as I'm sure it will be difficult to find used) . I'm 6'6" and 215 (athletic build). Any newbie gear suggestions for a tall guy (mostly container sizing suggestions...)?

Stoked to be a part of the skydiving community.

First off, welcome to the forums. Do not worry about what gear you should get or be using. Finish up with your training and the talk with your instructors and rigger to determine what gear would be best suited for your skill level. But it does not hurt to start reasearching the different types of gear that is available.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Definitely not trying to get in over my head in...Just tryin to NOT pass up awesome deals on gear. Some of the local guys have been telling me to at least start looking for a container (depending on my level of seriousness) so I can find a decent used one that fits my body.