austinhowell

greetings from ohio

hello, my name is austin, im a senior in high school and im getting into skydiving as i have my first tandem scheduled for this saturday assuming the weather cooperates, and i also have a question are tandem skydivers that may not be able to jump as much because of the cost looked down upon by licensed divers?
"If riding in a boat is not swimming, then riding in an airplane is not flying"

Welcome to DZ.com. I started jumping when I was a sophmore in high school. Where in Ohio are you from? Tandems are more expensive, if you can afford AFF I suggest that's the way to go if you're still interested after you Tandem. Blue Skies! BTW you're about to join an unique brother/sisterhood. We don't look down on other jumpers ability to afford jumping. Just make sure you have someone explain the beer rule !!!;)

thank you all, my tandem is today, and after a little research i've realized that my dz, skydive green county(im an hour north of dayton in darke county, little town called new madison) offers a static line program that i can take and ive decided that if it goes well i will sign up immediateley to take as much of the first part of the course as i can, and whats the beer rule?

While I've heard static line has its benefits, I would rather spend my money on a AFF course instead. I've already done my first AFF jump at the Middletown DZ. I loved it and I felt confident about continuing onto my next AFF cat B (hopefully this weekend)

Good luck with what ever you decide it best for you!

thank you actually id love some info, ive decided to go with an FF at skydive warren county, they seem more profesional thn sgc

When are you coming to SWC (Warren County)? I am an instructor there. I am happy you are coming to SWC but SGC is a great DZ as well. I obviously love my home DZ but it is a matter of preference and there are some good people over at SGC. I hope you like it and keep jumping. I look forward to meeting you. B|

Rob
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

haha i guess if i would have taken twoseconds i would have realized that you already said your name :)

We are in Lebanon and ignore Icarus93... he was dropped on his head too many times as a child but he can shoot great video. :P It is fun to make plane noises though :D

Hope to meet you soon Austin.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

i tried and the guy that answered hung up on me!!! screw that, ill stick with SWC, you would think that something as proffessional as a skydiving service would atleast be able to hire people with manners, why is it that the only dropzone around the miami valley, that answers the phone with high you have reached instead of an agitated hello is SWC?

If you want a nice place to jump where your a name and not a number, SWC will treat you right. If you read the reviews on the Google link I posted, you will see another Miami Valley DZ likes to start shit and bad mouth SWC because once that other place was ran off that airport SWC moved back to the county where their family is from Warren County Ohio.

And they moved into the old hanger that was used by that other place that like to talk all the shit. It seems they have their panties in a wad over it, but yet claim they were never asked to leave Leb, but what is funny about all of that bullshit, is they seem to go out of their way to try to bad mouth and piss in everyone's corn flakes, because some other operator is in their former building on their former airport.

But at least the owner for SWC is not currently serving time in the federal pen for being a lying cheat and theft to fund their skydiving operation and team. http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:poDbsLlbzRoJ:www.justice.gov/usao/ohs/Press/03-03-10.pdf+john+hart+cincinnati&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiD0m8KBGC412R2OoalD44N1XJmcCQQuNytDcpUYVIJuNPfPuC359XAB2p-4NE2EbUm-_nIC70eIDH2AGJMIe52aWjvZfK5cMHcu0LVhg1iRPV2DT71T40wALbEAA0Hh7lqj3g4&sig=AHIEtbQO4_Q3Fxi3vr3BvrJvduOFqNOA0w

So kid, go where it feels right to you and try to not step in the local piles of dog shit politics and have a great time.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

i had two people message me and say that all the good staff and gear went to startskydiving in middletown, and that they are a better place, now im not sure what to do [:/]

Why don't you check them both out and make an informed decision for yourself?

+1 Don't let anyone else decide for you.
Life expands or contracts in proportion to one's courage. ~Anais Nin

i had two people message me and say that all the good staff and gear went to startskydiving in middletown, and that they are a better place, now im not sure what to do [:/]

I'm shocked :S yes I am being sarcastic.

well rob, ill be there at about 9am probably be wearing a camo coat and camo pants, i hope to see you there

I have a ballgame for my 7 yr old to go to but I may be by after. I will be there on Sunday though. I hope to make it there to meet you on Saturday.

hahaha, cant see me ;) long story short i made it and did my training but because mother nature had a stick up her ass we could not jump but hopefully next weekend, i have to tell you, jim, the main AFF instructor, boy he knows what he is doing after going over malfunctions i was scared sshitless that i would not be competent enough to jump and i mentioned that it all might be too much for me, but he made me feel like i was his whole world and he spoke with me and instantly his words drove away every fear and doubt in m mind. SWC thank you and i hope to see you next weekend.