johnita36

Hello from Virginia

Hello my name is Johnita, I am a 38 year old female and getting ready to do my first Tandem jump tomorrow at noon. I am a little nervous but very excited as well. I have been trying to get this jump done since March 5th which was my first scheduled date then last Sunday it was scheduled again and both times had to be postponed due to weather. So far the forecast for tomorrow where I am jumping is looking pretty good.

I will be doing my Tandem at Smoky Mountain Skydiving, I am really looking forward to it. I have been reading a lot of great information on these forums since joining so wanted to introduce myself.

Johnita

I was absolutely terrified and would have changed my mind as soon as the door of the plane opened but I don't think he heard me trying to change my mind, so at that point I was just thinking I guess the only way back to the ground is jumping, I wasn't prepared for the wind and how it felt stepping outside that plane. Then breathing seemed a bit hard on the freefall part of the jump. However once the chute opened it was awesome even though I was still terrified at that point. Landing was awesome we had a great slide in landing. Now looking back on it today I can't wait to go back. I don't think this time I would be near as scared, and I would know what to expect.

I have already been planning when I can go back and jump again. Will for sure go back to Skydive Smoky Mountain the people there are amazing. My Tandem instructor Justin was awesome.

Johnita

You will love it. Trust me. We left the plane at 14000k and he pulled the shute at 5000k. 9000 feet of pure free fall. Make the whole day something you will remember. I took my whole family to see me and I cant wait to get airborne again. [:)