Kiyami

Welsh in Texas

Hello all,

I've not long arrived back in Texas with work and rather than procrastinate as usual, I've decided to take the plunge this weekend and start my AFF - going through AFF 1 at Skydive Houston tomorrow morning.

I've (2) tandems to my name [2001 and 2008] so at least I know I brick it a little when the door opens at 10,000ft :)

Hopefully the weather will be kind enough to let me get that first jump in before the day is out.

Any tips?

[Adrian]

Hello all,

I've not long arrived back in Texas with work and rather than procrastinate as usual, I've decided to take the plunge this weekend and start my AFF - going through AFF 1 at Skydive Houston tomorrow morning.

I've (2) tandems to my name [2001 and 2008] so at least I know I brick it a little when the door opens at 10,000ft :)

Hopefully the weather will be kind enough to let me get that first jump in before the day is out.

Any tips?

[Adrian]

The weather forecast isn't great for Saturday. Bring a book to read, and expect to wait for a clear spot in the sky. I should be out there late afternoon. Be prepared to come back on Sunday if necessary, when the weather should be perfect.

Unfortunately the weather didn't work out for us today - it was so windy I almost got some air just visiting the toilet box outside!

Tomorrow is honestly looking like perfect blue skies though - so a much better start to the skydive adventure B|B|

Hey...we decided to wait for Sunday as well. I'll be wishing you well on your AFFs while were playing in the San Marcos sky! Hope to see you sometime out there in Houston.

Good luck and please say hello to John Rich and everyone else out there:)

Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

It went great today. I can't thank the instructors enough for great tuition and support.

I'm pretty sure Eagle Lake is going to be a regular outing.

Congrats to Zach and David too [the two other AFF1 students] who also did great today.

:D

Awesome video!!! That exit was textbook! SD AZ does a different two-instructor exit so I wasn't expecting it, but it looked great! Congrats! No greater feeling in the world! I can't wait for next weekend (L3 and L4 for me).

Clear skies!
Sincerely,
Kevin

I exchanged some video footage with one of my instructors this weekend.

Here's my AFF 1 from his view point.

http://vimeo.com/20968859

It picks up some co ordination issues with the practice throws.

I'd been running over it a million times with the rig on the ground but when you're in the air that little ball [obviously] doesn't stay so still.

Another nice video. I need to be more aware of my legs on exit and in freefall. And yeah, that hackey was moving around. SD AZ uses the standard handle (looks like a small piece of PVC pipe). I have no idea what it's doing during free fall, but it's where I reach for it.

I'm looking forward to Saturday! Gotta get back up!
Sincerely,
Kevin

Hey, thanks :)

Unfortunately, it was too windy for #2 this afternoon so I'll have to wait until next weekend.

Still, we had a good Safety Day session in the morning so it was a worthwhile day.

Well, we didn't jump either. Looked very scary. Better luck next wekend....and keep us posted.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

I know this is akin to washing your car on a sunny day i.e. it'll start raining before you've finished the waxing lol

But the forecast is looking good for Saturday, I'm booked in for 8am and even though there are still 2 weather forecast destroying days to go I'm feeling nothing but this much :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D excitement.

That is all B|

yep ... at least so far, saturday is shaping up nicely ... see ya out there! I've heard mention of possible night jumps, so if you want to watch that, hang out for a while and have a beer or two.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?