flipwithit

hey hey, new jumper at the lodi, CA DZ

hey everyone! im 23, former motorcycle racer, i completed my aff about a month and a half ago over at lodi, i had a great time and met some good people!

i put in 15 minutes tunnel time over at ifly a couple days before my aff, and im really glad i did...the last couple jumps we just played around!

unfortunately i live about 6 hours away so ive been saving for a personal rig rather than spending $2-300 a week for a couple jumps. i've got rig questions, but i'll go put that in the proper spot:P

awesome site and thanks to all you that contribute!

Welcome to the forums and congrats on finishing your AFF. I also jump out there at Lodi. Where do you live that is 6 hours away? Next time you head out this way, let me know and maybe we can do some jumps.

Blue skies
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Hey no prob. I hear you on the friends part. Most of the friends I had before I started skydiving are slowly starting to diminish as I get more and more involved in skydiving.

Welcome to the sport and the forums. Now I have never jumped at Lodi so I cant say as to how they operate things there. But the FAA is fining them $664,000 right now because they have flown more than 2600 flights without doing repairs/inspections that were needed on their planes. Take a look at this. The decision on where to jump is up to you but I personally would not jump at a DZ that would do something like that.

Welcome to the sport and the forums. Now I have never jumped at Lodi so I cant say as to how they operate things there. But the FAA is fining them $664,000 right now because they have flown more than 2600 flights without doing repairs/inspections that were needed on their planes. Take a look at this. The decision on where to jump is up to you but I personally would not jump at a DZ that would do something like that.

I have not jumped there in about a month or so. I do understand the severity of what has happend out there. I might start jumping out at Byron or Skydance. Just got to wait till I get my rig back to go check out the other DZ's. I am not 100% certain that I will stop jumping there all together. But that would be a personal decision that needs to be made at some point.

WELCOME!! Good job so far, just don't catch up and pass me!! ...ha ha. Just kidding of course. I can't jump nearly as much as I'd like to and a few people I know have passed me in jumps and in skill since I started but oh well, that's life I guess.

If you haven't read it yet, the site has a ton of info in the Safety section and of course there's the SIM. It's not like reading an exciting book but it's a good to take what you can from it.

Blue skies

thanks for the warm welcome everyone and for the info about lodi...tho im guessing that plane is safe now :P
im lookin forward to visiting the drop zones in the area once i get my own rig though. i tried hitting up the one in cloverdale, on my way home, and they told me i had to be B licensed or do my aff there in order to jump.

small world, leben! thanks for the offer as well, ill be taking you guys up on that!

reno, if you see anna maria there, tell her she needs to get back to flip with his jump suit! keith (the australian) was my instructor...nice guy. he let me crash at his place while doing my AFF. he got a biiig bottle of jack out of it, natually.

oh, if any of you lodi people know someone selling a 190-210 for a 5'11-6' frame let me know!

cheers

oh, if any of you lodi people know someone selling a 190-210 for a 5'11-6' frame let me know!

All the rental gear there is for sale...if you like it, tell Bill you're interested in it and he will offer you a fair price. Student gear at Lodi is top notch.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

All the rental gear there is for sale...if you like it, tell Bill you're interested in it and he will offer you a fair price. Student gear at Lodi is top notch.

+1

I had been using his Javelin Oddessy with a Sabre2 210 since off student status and is a really great rig. If you check it out, dont mind some of the dirt stains I put on it with my few "not so perfect landings";) Only thing I dont like about it, is it does not have a collapsable slider. But I am sure that is a easy fix.

I bought my rig from Bill as well. He was very easy to work with showed me different rigs in different price ranges. I got a pretty good deal too.

thanks for the heads up on gettin gear at lodi. i gave bill a call for a price range and he said anywhere from 3.5-6k....what should i expect for ~4k?

skycamefalling, it didnt happen to be this sabre 210 did it? http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/drkstrrcr/IMG_0154.png

Yup, that is the one. Black Jav with grey outlining? That canopy has been good to me. Also has given me a few, close to slammersB|

It just depends on the rig...all the containers are probably only a year old, the cypres ages are probably all variable, and the canopies are new to fairly new. So if you're looking for something on the lower end of that price range you still are getting a great container, but the Cypres may be a bit older. I'm almost certain that even though that while $4000 may seem steep, you still are getting a great deal on the gear.

Look at Bills stuff, look in the classifieds section here, look on the used section of paragear, chutingstar, sunshine factory, etc, and you'll find something sooner or later. :)

And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

I'm a total newb (14 jumps) and got a couple in at Lodi last week, for the most part it was a great experience except I was literally yelled at as I was trying to spot the LZ before exiting, "the lights green! Fucking go!" are the exact words and nobody offered to help spot even after asking. Fun dropzone nonetheless, just a little stressful for a new guy.

I was literally yelled at as I was trying to spot the LZ before exiting, "the lights green! Fucking go!" are the exact words and nobody offered to help spot even after asking.

So long as it's not an unreasonable delay, you're allowed (required!!) to (quickly) double-check the spot, and you're allowed (required!!) to look for other aircraft below the plane. How many people had their head out the door with you, with the same sight picture as you had? "None", you say? Then you're allowed to ignore them.

I'm a total newb (14 jumps) and got a couple in at Lodi last week, for the most part it was a great experience except I was literally yelled at as I was trying to spot the LZ before exiting, "the lights green! Fucking go!" are the exact words and nobody offered to help spot even after asking. Fun dropzone nonetheless, just a little stressful for a new guy.

If you can, make it out to Skydive Chicago. I just did my AFP there and EVERYONE, from fun jumpers to instructors, even a few world champion guys I had the privilege to jump with, were more than willing to "hold my hand" for lack of a better analogy, while I jumped. It was an amazing experience!!!!