Ryan10700

FNG Here, 1st Post! Hello!

Greetings all! Excited to be here and can't wait to meet & greet with all of the wonderful folks in the community :)

I did my first tandem jump awhile back and just haven't had time or money to pursue the sport, but all of that has changed. I'm ready to jump in! Or out? LOL.

A little background... I'm 23, living in central Missouri, 6'-0" tall, 175 lbs, dark hair, brown eyes, semi-athletic . . . wait this isn't eHarmony is it?! Oh and stoked about getting into skydiving :o

Seriously though, I've grown up flying Cessna 210s with my dad so I've always been intrigued by this sport. Having flown small planes has given me basic knowledge of flight principals and weather, but only once have I experienced the biggest adrenaline rush of my life, skydiving!

I hope to learn from all of the new and experienced guys/girls here so that I can become a dedicated and helpful member one day myself.

Until next time ;)

Ryan.

Welcome to the forums. Read as much as possible and try to learn as much as possible. The search key in the upper right hand portion of the forums will be your friend. Don't be afraid to use it;) Also, remember that what you read on here, take with a grain of salt. It is best to ask the instructors at your local DZ for any answers you may be looking for. Enjoy your stay!!!

Blue Skies

Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Welcome to the forums! :)

I'm 23, living in central Missouri, 6'-0" tall, 175 lbs, dark hair, brown eyes, semi-athletic . . . wait this isn't eHarmony is it?!

There have been quite a few hook-ups thanks to this site. I'm sure the ladies would love for you to post a photo of yourself. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I wish someone had told me to post a photo!! :$ ....maybe I'll just see if there's a Facebook thread in here somewhere.

Here's some good stuff for you Ryan, and yeah, I'm sure your previous experience is a great heads up on a lot of stuff.

There's a boatload of info in the Learn To Skydive section here: http://www.dropzone.com/safety/Learn_to_Skydive/ ...and it'll only help. You'll probably find that there's plenty of time for reading new stuff along the way.

Join the USPA if you already know you wanna get licensed and that'll be a nice head start.

Both of you are welcome to add your contribution to this thread. :);)

Way to go Skymama!!! ;):D

Guess she got tired of the wrist roll to the batch we have posted so far.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

There's a boatload of info in the Learn To Skydive section here: http://www.dropzone.com/safety/Learn_to_Skydive/ ...and it'll only help. You'll probably find that there's plenty of time for reading new stuff along the way.

Thanks for the link! I read through everything there and craving more! It's a great introduction though and gave me a better general understanding of what is involved in getting into the sport. Will recommend to other newbs!

Thanks for the link! I read through everything there and craving more! It's a great introduction though and gave me a better general understanding of what is involved in getting into the sport. Will recommend to other newbs!

I did a double take -

:D:D:D

I thought he was talking about the thread that Skymama posted.

:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Is there a thread like this with female members or do I have to post first and wait for the replies. :DB|

Yeah where's the equality!?

Well, there was a game called Name That Rack that went on for a while, even had a Part 2.

But it died out after a while.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Is there a thread like this with female members or do I have to post first and wait for the replies. :DB|

Yeah where's the equality!?

Well, there was a game called Name That Rack that went on for a while, even had a Part 2.

But it died out after a while.

Plenty of us contributed! :p

Welcome!
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

*Update- Hello everyone and happy Saturday! Just wanted to give everyone an update on my adventure. I've been calling around and talking to the DZs in my area. Unfortunately everyone is closing down for the winter soon and it looks like I'll be waiting until next Spring to start training :(

On the upside, I'll be able to spend a lot of time reading and learning from fellow DZ.com members!

The prevalent training program in my area seems to be AFP, which I think I might actually prefer. I think the slower transition might help me become more comfortable and skilled at maneuvers/skill sets as I progress.

Anyhow, best wishes to everyone in the upcoming holiday season!

Ryan