jrmrangers

taking aaf in spring, how many jumps a day

hello all!! i jumped my first time a few weeks ago and im hooked! ive jumped twice since then and plan on taking the course come the spring. i was wondering how many jumps a day do you recomend. i want to get to my solo as quick as possible but dont want to over do it either. thanx in advance.
BLUE SKYS!
Wait , I pull what first?

hello all!! i jumped my first time a few weeks ago and im hooked! ive jumped twice since then and plan on taking the course come the spring. i was wondering how many jumps a day do you recomend. i want to get to my solo as quick as possible but dont want to over do it either. thanx in advance.
BLUE SKYS!

Welcom to the Forums!

Let us all know a bit more about you.

You could start by filling out your profile as accurately as you feel comfortable with.

Watch out for the Moderator named Skymama - She's Dangerous.:|

Other than that - have fun, enjoy, and by all means - do NOT be shy :)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It really all depends on your situation. I did 3 a day during AFF due to weather and number of loads going up. 3 a day during AFF worked pretty well for me, I had enough time between levels to reflect on how the jumps went, get a full debrief, and read and do plenty of dirt dives for my upcoming jump.

Make sure you know what your TLO's are for your next jump. I saw a guy a few weeks ago do level one and forgot that he had to do 3 practice pulls. He did one and then just enjoyed the rest of the jump. When he got to the ground his instructors told him he didnt meet the requirements for level 1 and had to redo it.

Not sure where you plan to do AFF at but hopefully they have a similar policy to Deland which is where I did mine. At deland when you finish AFF you get the gear for the rest of the day for free. So I planned mine so that my last AFF level was early in the morning and then I had a free (already paid for with AFF lvl 7) rig for the rest of the day. Good luck on your AFF.

thanx skymama, i was warned about you but you seem ok to me!!

Thanks! :ph34r: Turtlespeed is pulling your leg. I'm the nice Mod!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I think the biggest factor will be how well you do with each level. I did three jumps my first day (levels A-C), and decided to call it a day to process everything. The next weekend I finished up the AFF levels (in three more jumps), and then did a few more solo jumps, for a total of 7 jumps that day.

You can make pretty good progress in a day, just know your limits and pay attention to what's going on. At a certain point when you're learning something new, you reach a saturation point, and doing any more becomes counter-productive.

-Jon

Hi,Im Glenn.I also am going to be taking aff at the ranch in the spring.I did my first tandem there at the end of the summer and plan on doing a couple more before it gets too cold.I also loved it and am totally hooked.I cant wait for spring,but it gives me some time to save...gonna get expensive quickly!Im so happy that I live only 1/2 hr away from there,cause i think im gonna be there alot next summer.Good luck and welcome to the forums.Ive been learning alot here and will continue to do so.Enjoy!