JonM

New in Seattle

Hi folks,

After dreaming about it for a quite some time, I took an AFF course a few weeks ago, and with the first jump was hooked. I'm at 11 jumps now (5 solo), although if the weather had cooperated I'd be at double that. Years of acrobatics and circus arts experience gave me body awareness that has really helped me pick things up quick, but I've got a lot to learn. :)

I'm jumping down at Kapowsin, and they've been fantastic to me. I can't wait to get my A-license, though; I'm traveling a lot for work, and want to be able to jump when I'm away from home.

Hi folks,

After dreaming about it for a quite some time, I took an AFF course a few weeks ago, and with the first jump was hooked. I'm at 11 jumps now (5 solo), although if the weather had cooperated I'd be at double that. Years of acrobatics and circus arts experience gave me body awareness that has really helped me pick things up quick, but I've got a lot to learn. :)

I'm jumping down at Kapowsin, and they've been fantastic to me. I can't wait to get my A-license, though; I'm traveling a lot for work, and want to be able to jump when I'm away from home.

Welcome to the site...

And welcome to the sky.... but DUUUUUUUUDE as you have already figured out... being a skydiver here presents "challenges" due to weather.

Definitely get your own gear as soon as you can... and be sure to take it with you in your carryon so you can jump in places that have sun in the winter. Don't get me wrong we have some AWSUM jumping here in the winter when the sun does come out.. but it does get a tad chilly at altitude when its clear weather in the winter. Phoenix and Eloy in just a short hop of two hours from SEATAC.

Sure is but once the clouds clear......WOW!! What a view.

3 volcano’s – Mt. Baker, Glacier Peak, and Mt. Rainier
The Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges
The Puget Sound
Seattle/Tacoma

Welcome to the area!

~Mikey C
Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye

It is definitely annoying to pay $80 for rental gear first thing in the morning to end up making only one jump because of the weather...

Each dropzone can have their own policy, but that sounds like a really bad deal, and you can tell your DZO I said so. They should have a "Per jump" rate for days like that. BTW, renting any rig like that for 80 days totally pays for it. The rest is pure profit. They could work with you a little on this one. :)

Hi folks,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on all the jumps so far. :)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Finished my A license today!

Sadly, had to leave the DZ early for a date, so couldn't hang out and celebrate. (I did leave a flat of beer behind for folks, though. :))

Double sadly, I'm out of the country the next two weekends, and won't be able to jump for three weeks. :(

Ah well, more time to troll around for gear...

-Jon

Finished my A license today!

Sadly, had to leave the DZ early for a date, so couldn't hang out and celebrate. (I did leave a flat of beer behind for folks, though. :))

Double sadly, I'm out of the country the next two weekends, and won't be able to jump for three weeks. :(

Ah well, more time to troll around for gear...

-Jon

Great!

Keep count of how many cases you buy, keep it in your log book.

And don't forget to bounce proof your log book.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun