Fratricide

New and Nervous

Hey Everyone. My name is Paul and I'm a 19 year old out of Bullhead City Arizona. I scuba dive (PADI Advanced) and cliff dive so I'm guessing the next step is to skydive haha. It's actually something I've wanted to do for a LONG time but I have a few irrational type fears that maybe some people can help talk me out of? Ever since I read a story about a lady falling out her her harness during a Tandem, I have been afraid of the same happening to me.. or just completely snapping off from the instructor altogether. Even with that, I plan on getting my first tandem done within the next few months (I'm going to be scared shizless XD) and hopefully jumping in to the AFF course.

Skydiving is a very technical sport. Most people think it's just simple gravity, but it's not.

You being an advanced diver, you are used to technical sports. Concentrate on the technicalities of the sport and this will help you alliviate the fears.

Blue Skies
Ryder
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5

Skydiving is a very technical sport. Most people think it's just simple gravity, but it's not.

You serious? This whole time I've been just jumping out and hoping for the best! ;)

Skydiving fun man... it gets better every time.
Don't forget to pull!

You serious? This whole time I've been just jumping out and hoping for the best! ;)

Figures...the future of skydiving here!!!...lol just kidding and i realize you were kidding too.:):)
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5

I'm pretty sure everybody would be worried if you weren't at least a little nervous. I just got started too and my coach tells me I still get the freaked out look before each jump but I feel myself relaxing more as I go.

Welcome to the forums and feel free to read as much as you can. There's a lot of good info here!!
(and some bad info too)