BiggieG

New Guy From Tomball, TX

I was talking with a buddy of mine in Austin last night who mentioned that. He has over 500 jumps so far and he said I might consider going that route. That's why I am here to kinda get a better idea of the process and time lines.
Rob
http://motoxgrafix.com
http://kingzofwrap.com

I was talking with a buddy of mine in Austin last night who mentioned that. He has over 500 jumps so far and he said I might consider going that route. That's why I am here to kinda get a better idea of the process and time lines.

It took me 6 months to get my A license with 26 jumps. Some get it all done in 2 weeks. It really depends on how much time you have and what you can cash flow.
Don't forget to pull!

Seven jumps to get through AFF, assuming you pass them all on the first attempt. Then you still have 18 more minimum, to get your A license (total of 25). There is a proficiency card that you must complete containing tasks related to freefall skills, canopy control, etc. ... once all items on it are signed off on and you have the minimum of 25 jumps, you can send in for your A license. You can view the card here:

http://www.uspa.org/USPAMembers/Downloads/tabid/84/Default.aspx

and if you look at the Skydiver's Info. Manual (same page of the website) you can get a good feel for what most dropzones use as a basis for their training. You would want to look at section 4 ... the Integrated Student Program.

Or, just come out to the dz at Waller (Skydive Houston) and have a chat with any of the instructors!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Skydive Houston is definitely going to be much closer to your city.

Don't worry about pressure to start the whole training program right off the bat. By all means, just make a relaxing tandem jump with an instructor to take care of things, and then you can decide if you like it enough from there to continue on for more training.

Welcome to the forums mang!! Read and explore, there's a lot here. Whether you decide to try a tandem or go straight into a student progression you're bound to get hooked!

Looking back sometimes I wish I had skipped the tandem jump at the beginning but then again it was a good experience all the way. At the risk of looking at it from a purely financial aspect: skipping the tandem can get you a good bit farther.