andreweden

Just started 2 weeks ago!

G'Day!

I'm on a work assignment in Jacksonville and with no plans outside of that - decided to do my AFF at Skydive Palatka. I have been loving it - passed AFF last weekend and up to jump #12 by Sunday afternoon.

Looking forward to the long weekend! 3 1/2 days of jumping :-)

I can't see myself doing anything else with my weekends between now and my return to Australia....with my own rig hopefully!

I had often imagined what skydiving must have been like. My imagination never came up with anything as good as the reality!

Cheers,

Andrew :) ;)

well its been 31 days since AFF jump #1.
I did my 55th jump on Sunday and have finished my B-licence exam (and passed) and my check dive. just waiting to do water training this week hopefully so I can send of for my B-licence!

Did have my first real shocker of a landing on Sunday in some gusty winds and turbulence compounded my my lack of experience/skill and have scored a nice sprained ankle - live and learn I guess! Those last 20ft are a doozie...
It was dead calm when we took off.

B| don't bounce like an 18yo anymore :P:ph34r:
It will heal and I will be back into it. practice practice practice....

oh and 22 jumps was the labor day long weekend. A couple Friday afternoon and then avg 6-7 a day for sat/sun/mon. Its certainly tiring but first of the day is probably a hop'n'pop at 3500' around 0830 and sunset is not until around 1920. I don't have to leave the DZ to eat or sleep - so its fairly cruisey.