crosscountry

hornet question

is the hornet entirely ZP..or half and half? Also, at what number of jumps does a canopy, specifically the hornet, require maintenance, such as a reline..200 jumps, 300, 400?...and how much does that run? also, generally speaking, what is the jump life of a newer ZP canopy?

Thanks for helping out a newb

The Hornet is a full ZP canopy that is made out of the less slippry South African ZP. Maintence depends on the wear and tear on the canopy but 400-500 jumps is the normal reline window on ZP canopies. Cost is ~$175-200+ for the reline but contact Aerodyne for exact pricing. Jump life could be as short as 500 jumps in the desert packing on the sand or 2000+ in the midwest landing on grass, packing inside and babying the gear.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

For the record, a busy rental Hornet 210 at our DZ required a small patch to be done at just under 1000 jumps as it blew up in the air. It has since been jumped and is believed to fly fine :)

Um. Which part blew up? (/me checks for signs of wear on my busy, owned Hornet 190... Oh, I have another 900 jumps or so. ;))

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.