absane

Oh hi there

Ok. An introduction I guess :p

My first skydive ever was Feb 3rd 2010, and it was AFF 1. I thought about doing a tandem for years and it almost came to that, until I found an offer to go through ground school and the AFF 1 jump for only $200. It cost just as much for a tandem so I figured "what the hell, why not?" I remember very clearly my state of mind during the exit... I though "oh shit, what have I done?!?!" Of course, right after that my head cleared up like everyone said it would.

I didn't have too strong of an intention before AFF 1 to actually become a skydiver. Like, I wanted to be one... but my motivation was lacking. I guess I was kind of like all the tandem students I see coming in... they have a blast and knock out an item on their bucket list, but you'll never see them again. I became part of the 2% that was like "SHIT MAN... I GOTTA DO IT AGAIN!"

I graduated from AFF March 19th.

Since the time I got my license I've been having a blast jumping with others. I don't know what you call it, but I love the exit where you hold on to one grip of another jumper... jump out, twist your body, and grab on to his other grip to complete a dock while on the hill. Must just be me, IDK. I also like to jump out, flip over on my back, and watch the plane go away.

I've done a Horny Gorilla (I almost lost my shoe!) and a 4-way hybrid with a guy hanging off our chest straps and a freeflyer docking while head down. The latter was definitely an experience.

I haven't though much about my goals in skydiving. Though, I think that one day I want to make it a part time career... like coaching, AFF instructing, rigging, or whatever. It's definitely fun, and I get just as much fun out of skydiving as I do watching tandem students and AFF students have fun.
Don't forget to pull!

Welcome to the forums! :)

Thank you! Yea, I'm one of those that needs goals to work on, otherwise I'd get bored. Currently I'm working towards my B license so that I can jump at night (SWEET!). After that, I hope to be able to buy my own rig and become a coach.

I want to do BASE jumping in the future. That's probably 25% of the reason why I went into skydiving. As for the other 75%, I haven't got a clue. Family and friends want me to "explain myself" but I have no rationale. I just felt an urge to do it, and did it.
Don't forget to pull!