Eyerate

First jump of MANY...

huge shoutout to mike m and kenny over at skydive chicago for an awesome experience(and photos/video). second tandem is booked and 3k into the checking account for AFF. i spend a lot of time in front of a monitor so i'll definitely be active on here as well. anyone else call SDC home? be safe guys.

-Chris

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/3d8af91c4293713e45a34e8f7debdbd8.jpg

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/f50205b73629bf3a8402d9918ba171d7.jpg

Welcome to the forums!! Definitely spend some time reading up here. Filter any posts that don't seem right but I'm pretty sure the Safety and Learning to Skydive sections are full of good solid info. I've never once regretted reading in my down time.

http://www.dropzone.com/safety/Learn_to_Skydive/

May we all have fun learning, getting experience and Blue Skies!

Welcome! Sounds like you're on a mission now. Very cool!

SDC is my home DZ, so maybe we'll be jumping together soon. SDC has a lot of great people, great instructors, great load organizers, great events and boogies, great facilities. I could go on and on. It all boils down to a great DZ that I'm sure you'll love calling home.

BTW, they use the AFP program, not AFF, so there'll be some differences when you read about other's experiences. The secret to success is the same though... HAVE FUN! :)

Welcome! Sounds like you're on a mission now. Very cool!

SDC is my home DZ, so maybe we'll be jumping together soon. SDC has a lot of great people, great instructors, great load organizers, great events and boogies, great facilities. I could go on and on. It all boils down to a great DZ that I'm sure you'll love calling home.

BTW, they use the AFP program, not AFF, so there'll be some differences when you read about other's experiences. The secret to success is the same though... HAVE FUN! :)

thanks for the info.. im not going crazy with the pre-course reading as i know the instructors will all teach their own way and i'd rather go into the whole thing a blank(ish) slate. ive mostly been reading up on the history of it all and different options i have once i earn my A license. the more i read up the more i find out how awesome it is to have SDC as a home DZ. from everything ive seen rook and missy have awesome attitudes about life and run a top notch operation. i look forward to spending a whole lot of time out there.

-Chris