Fluke

First Tandem - Skydiving SUCKS :(

NOT!! Are you kidding me?? Cant believe you actually thought I thought it sucked, get real! Most out of this world thing ive ever done. Only thing I could think the moment we left the plane was "wwwooowwww", only thing I could think once we landed was "lets do that again!".

I wound up perforating my right eardrum, which I was 50% sure was going to happen as ive had problems equalizing pressure in my ears for as long as I can remember, starting with when I first got into SCUBA diving. Whereas my left ear took 2 days before the "congested headcold" feeling went away. Damnit why do the funnest things always involve pressure changes, and why am I cursed with crappy eustachian tubes? :(

I also took a good bump on my right wrist when we landed, I must have had my right hand ever so slightly below my right leg as we hit the ground (flaring with a little too much enthusiasm??), so my wrist was actually the first part of my body to make contact with the ground. It didn't hurt much at all at the time, but 2 days post-jump and its a bit swollen and kinda sore with a red mark on the outside edge of the wrist. Its got me kinda irritated as I really wanted to start doing my student classes the next day after my tandem, but sadly I have to wait for this to recover. I hope this isn't a bad omen of things to come...

Despite these minor inconveniences, freaking awesome experience that I wouldn't trade for the world, and can't wait to recover enough to be able to pursue student classes ASAP!!!

If anyone has any advice on the ears thing, im all ears to hear it!
My personal god: http://www.youtube.com/JokkeSommer