MichelChrist

Dane checking in

Hi everybody! 32 year old new jumper checking in from Denmark :)

I've been lurking about the forums for the last week, and tried to absorb as much knowledge as possible, but I am sure I - in the future, when I get more experience myself - will mix in with my own experiences and thoughts, from time to time.

I am one of the few that haven't decided for an AFF course (AFF seems to be less popular in Denmark than in the US from what I've read here). But I've had 7 jumps and just got rid of my static line (YAY! B|)

Well, anyway. This seems like a nice forum with cool people and a good sober tone in the debates - Looking forward to get involved :)
Safety third!

Welcome! A good bit of my family on my dad's side is from Denmark. (Don't ask where- I don't really talk to the man.:P)

I started on static line- it was MUCH cheaper.

I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

haha. yep. I would like to say- in my defense- I never had a problem with the static line. Also0 the first one i did for him was perfect. :P

I have had people PM me giving me advice on how to exit and get over the fears. My response "I'm not afraid to get out of a plane. It was a training jump. Planned. kthnx."

I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

I have had people PM me giving me advice on how to exit and get over the fears. My response "I'm not afraid to get out of a plane. It was a training jump. Planned. kthnx."

Haha, I managed to read the entire thread and understand that he was being instructed to be instructor :)
Safety third!

Hi! :)

Just wanted to give an update (okay, okay, brag!) about my progress :)

Since last time I've had 12 jumps in total, and have just been cleared to jump without jump master :) Also, my next jump will be 30 sec free fall. Which I look forward to. Freefalling is so much better than just flying the canopy ;)

In two weeks my dropzone is the venue for the (danish) Wiking Championship as well as a championship for students to make precision jumps. So there I have lined up (and already paid) 6 jumps.

The weekend after that I've signed up and paid for a SkyVan Boogie - which I am looking forward to. And have already made a "date" with an AFF instructor from my dropzone about jumping together for fun :)

Other than those 5 days, I have scheduled 8 other jump days throughout september, so I should manage to get quite a few jumps together before the end of the season! B|

Safety third!