robbyesc

15 year old going skydiving when 16.

Hey guys, I recently joined this forum in search of a Drop zone that will let me do a tandem at 16. I found one and Now I can't wait until October. So I'm basically making this thread because I'm wondering what age other skydivers started jumping at.

Also, thanks a ton Mike Mullins for referring me to your DZ, and I look forward to making my 11 hour journey to Memphis Tennessee.
I want to be a skydiver, I'm here for the inspiration!

Welcome to the forums! :) Come to think of it, you should get her to go along too!

Actually my mom is turning 48 this month. Haha, and yes she is going to do a Tandem jump with me aswell.

Have fun on your jump, as well as your mom!! Very brave she is going with you!! When I did my tandem I didn't tell my mom till AFTER the jump because I knew she'd freak out. She still doesn't like it when I go jumping, but she's getting used to the fact that she has a daughter that likes to jump out of planes for fun.

Also wish that i'd started jumping younger. Got a tandem for my b-day 3 years ago at 28.... Got me hooked forever!! (so also suggest to get a job and start saving up :-)

Have fun!! Come and tell us how it went :-)
Don't try to live forever, you will not succeed!

Start working somewhere now so that way when you are eligible you can take AFF and jump solo. I did a tandem out of the blue a few weeks ago at 23 years old and thank God I did, cuz it was the best feeling ever. Seriously, If I had money to pay for this I'd be doing AFF the day after my first jump if I could.
Some people spend their whole lives afraid to die that they never truly live.

I did a tandem jump last year when i was 21. It took me 2 months to save up for the a liscense package, which was unbearable. I wouldn't trade jumping for anything. I feel like I wasted the 3 years that I was eligible to jump and didn't.

I know in Georgia you can start aff at 16 with notarized parental consent if you decide to do that.

Good luck and have fun
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

I know in Georgia you can start aff at 16 with notarized parental consent if you decide to do that.

I live in SC, and the closest place I found to jump at 16 was in Memphis, Tennessee. What dropzone in Georgia will allow you to jump at 16? All the ones I've contacted say you have to be 18.

I live in SC, and the closest place I found to jump at 16 was in Memphis, Tennessee. What dropzone in Georgia will allow you to jump at 16? All the ones I've contacted say you have to be 18.

aff (accelerated freefall), is where you learn to jump on your own. you have instructors that hold onto you during freefall but you have you're own rig and are in control of yourself.

something in the way georgia's laws are written will let a 16 year waiver their rights for solo jumps but not tandem.

my suggestion would be to do the tandem in memphis, then when you are able to support your skydiving habit check into aff in georgia.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."