2 2
gulaz

Omega Sewing Machine??

I just stumbled across a free industrial sewing machine. I am currently working on my rigger rating, and since I will be needing a machine eventually, I grabbed this one.
The placard on the front says OMEGA, and theres a smaller one on the front stamped "596" which I believe is the model number. If you tip the head backwards, theres another one with "178-047311" - the serial number? On the bottom is stamped the date, which puts it mid 1985 or 86.
Now it says on it "Made in Japan" and the closest thing I can find to a company called Omega is "Omega Sewmac Inc" located in Quebec.
Has anybody ever heard of this machine/company? I am trying to track down a users manual.
I cant post any pictures, as I dont have a digital camera anymore :(

Thanks
  • Like 1

(edited)
On 6/1/2004 at 2:43 PM, gulaz said:

Wow, its that popular...

Im having fun finding the manual :-p

I think, it pretty common found machine found.everywhere.

( Just guessing for a Mitsu. model # ) , as pic's above are not detail/great for ID .

the 'Omega Emblem' .. is just that particular dealers 'brand label' , put to what looks like a older Mitsubishi DB#  model . There is a ShitLoad of different DB model #'s produced over many years . with  'bottom feed' , with common high-shank presser foot, and all the DB models were made in HUGE industrial volume, pretty common easy found, economical parts, big selection, with the presser feet, needle plates, feed dogs ..etc. . 
  That is a real common cast body, and I would also guess that if you tilt machine back and look at underside there in front. you would find the Mitsubishi factory Emblem ( 3 diamond ) stamped in the cast.

Good sewing machines, that you can easy setup to do a lot of different jobs. I still keep an older DB-170 in my stable, and use it all the time . common found parts 'easy' setup for real lightweight, or setup for doing heavier weight fabric materials also.

Edited by RayLosli

(edited)
On 6/1/2004 at 2:43 PM, gulaz said:

Wow, its that popular...

Im having fun finding the manual :-p

Go to this Link for downloadable manuals .This link goes to a DB-170 , but if you go on Left-side of the page, it list all the different DB Mitsu. models .

( I might be wrong ? ) I don't think it an old juki/mitsu. head. .The DB170 looks pretty close to the pic's above, but like I said, they made a lot of different bottom feed single-needles in that older casting head style . So if you search the models listed you might see Manual you looking for .

https://manualmachine.com/mitsubishi/db170/8322687-manual/

Edited by RayLosli