eric111996

45 and just got my A licence

A fellow Special Forces veteran came to the DZ one day when he was about 45 and began jumping. After a few jumps, he took me aside and asked if this was something a guy his age with grandchildren should be doing. I told him I could not tell him what to do in regards to his family life, but that I had known guys in their sixties to start jumping. Today he has virtually every Instructor rating and is still hard at it in his mid 50's and quickly coming up on 2,000 jumps.

As to AerOhio. I've been there and their leadership, staff and atmosphere is top notch. My first time there, I was invited up to the house for an evening barbecue and was immediately made to feel as part of the family even though my status was transient skydiver. You will have a great time at their DZ and will learn many things. Welcome to the forums and skydiving.

Blues, ~Keith
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Hi all, I will be 45 next month and i just got my A today!!! What a trip it has been! Lots of fun and some learning too. I jump at AerOhio it's a great dz with great people. I had no problem getting on three 3ways right after I got my license.:)

Cool! But you're just a youngster; I was 52 when I made my first jump.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That is AWESOME! I'm right behind you, at 40, and creeping up on my A (if the weather would ever cooperate, that is :P ). best thing said to me so far, by one of the youngsters also on student status "so, uh, what made you take up skydiving, at, you know, THIS stage of your life?!?!?!" Hahahaha.
Andrea

Still finding a few new things to try too, like CRW.

How about freeflying?! ;)

What I do is more like freeflailing, but I try periodically. I've managed a sit for a few seconds occassionally and did a bit of back-flying the other day. It has occured to me that I would probably have better luck with freeflying if I'd leave the rw suit with its booties in my locker, though. :D
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

It has occured to me that I would probably have better luck with freeflying if I'd leave the rw suit with its booties in my locker, though.

LOL...probably! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon