FHPJumper

New guy in town

Hello all,
My name is Marcos and my first jump was a tandem, way back in 2001. I was a senior in high school, getting ready to go off to the Marines, and a buddy of mine who was a packer at skydive miami talked me into going by and jumping. Well I did, and ever since then, all I have ever wanted to do was jump. But as with any hobby, you need money! I think that time has finally come! I've started saving cash, and really want to get licensed or at least get on the road to getting my license. I'll be browsing through the forums daily, reading at different post pretending to know what the heck it is I'm reading. So I may ask the occasional newbie question. Anyone with any advice, comments, questions, concerns, heck just wanna talk about the weather, give me a shout! Take it easy all.

Welcome to the forums and skydiving! Save save save your money because you will need it to get started in this sport. Listen to your instructors, and never forget that you jump because it's FUN!! :)
Thank you for serving our country as well!

http://3ringnecklace.com/

From one Marine to another -- welcome to the sport! I've met some of the most amazing and really the most varied people since I started jumping. I also did my first tandem several years before really getting into the sport. I didn't get video for myself, but I didn't need it. More than a decade later I remembered every moment! I was glad to get the opportunity to continue recently, and have loved it ever since. Feel free to drop me a private message or email if you want to chat more about military and law enforcement in Florida who skydive.

T

Well instead of the wrench thrown into my plans it was more like the whole freaking tool box!!! lol. Went 2 weeks ago and did another tandem at Skydive Miami, and yup... Still wanna do it! It had been almost 10 years since my first and only jump and it felt just as great as I remembered it! I'll be going back at the beginning of March to set myself up for the more jumps. I finally have just enough money to go with the 25 jump package to get my A-license! Super excited now! I'll keep you guys posted... Any advice?

Thanks for the encouragement man! I was there for about an hour before we threw the towel in. But it was good. I got a bit more face time with my instructor and asked some questions that I had thought about after my ground school was over. But just like everything else I do... I'd rather be safe than sorry. So I guess it wasn't a total loss of a morning. I'll post again on Wednesday after my jump!!!