phoenix1

new to this. hear are my goals

well as the title says im new to this and and my goal is to make my first just with my brother-in-law this summer and get as many jumps in as possible. we are doing this endevor together because we have the same goals. that goal is wingsuits. we live in illinois and are looking for advice of all kinds. such as where to make our first jump and as to what kind, AFF, SL, or tandam, for starters. other than that if any one has any other information on the sport that they feel we should know before our first jump let us know. ty
To those who can't and to those who never can again!

i used a the dropzone tool and found a place i would like to try but would be interested if anyone knows anything about the place. its called Illinois Skydiving Center in Flatville, IL. if any one knows anything let me know. we are planning on going after the first of the month.

I've never heard anything good or bad about them specifically. The one thing I did notice is that they have a small plane. That just means the seating will be a little tight, the ride to altitude a little slow and you won't get as much altitude as you would if you went to a dz with turbine aircraft.

Plenty of people jump out of 182's and do just fine, I'm just a plane snob. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I spent some time in a wind tunnel and then did a tandem before starting AFF. Those two pre-AFF steps definitely helped me. As skymama said, there is plenty of sensory overload going on during the early stages of learning to skydive. Getting some of that out of the way first may save you from needing to repeat a AFF level.

Of course, what works best for one person is not always what works best for another. You and your brother-in-law may both be just fine jumping right into AFF.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!
The meaning of life . . . is to make life have meaning.

i'd do a tandem jump first. that lets you enjoy your first skydive and get the "deer in the headlights":S shock out of the way while you're connected to a professional skydiver.

this way you go into your aff knowing what it's like to be in freefall and under canopy.

i would also go somewhere with a big plane. 10,000 vs 14,000 feet is a 20 second difference. it doesnt seem like much to you now, but jumping a cessna takes almost half your freefall time per jump away.

good luck and blue skies

"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

ok so apparently im to F***ing fat to go skydiving. no one in my state carries gear that my fat ass can wear. I have been told by almost half of clubs here that if im serious about jumping i could always buy my own gear and just start jumping. thats expensive as hell and i didnt want to have to do that till I at least got my class A licence. no idea what to do. i am not ready to give up yet. thoughts???

Well, the cheapest way would to be to start loosing some of that extra you have. Start with walking a mile or two a day, doing some push-ups. Eventually move up to running. Drink lots of water, that is going to be a key. After a month of two you will see that you are getting more and more energy, you will be feeling better as the weight is coming off.

We had a guy at our DZ lose 40 lbs so that he could skydive better. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it!
If you do things that don't make you appreciate life than why do them