publiux

Introduction - Back In The Harness

Hi everyone. I'd like to formally introduce myself here in the forums as I get back into the sport and the community.

I am from Miramar, Florida, just a couple of miles northwest of Miami (or southwest of Ft. Lauderdale). I have 2 DZs relatively close by, Skydive Miami and Skydive Air Adventures in Clewiston. I have yet to decide which DZ I will do my student training at. Tough choice :)

I started my training back in 2005 and got about 25-27 jumps under my belt. Since I was a student, money was tight, so I eventually decided to finish my pilot's license before I did any more skydiving. Well, I finished my pilot's license a year ago and I'm going to make good on my promise of getting back into the sport.

I figured that it would probably be best to start from the beginning despite my previous "experience" in the sport. I just have to figure out which DZ I'm going to do it at. I've heard great things about the DZ in Clewiston, but Skydive Miami is where I originally did my jumps. I'm torn :)
Aside from my love for all things aviation, especially skydiving, I am an attorney by trade doing mostly bankruptcy and personal injury. I enjoy movies, Italian food, playing the piano, and scuba diving.

I look forward to chatting with many members of our community on here. Fly safe!
--
Raul Ruiz
'A' License Wannabe

Welcome to the forums! :)

Are you going to go all the way through AFF again? With 27 jumps just a few years ago, I'd think you'd be ok doing a recurrency jump. But of course, it's up to your comfort level.

You should come to the Skydive Expo in Deland March 11-14. I bet you'd learn a bunch!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Welcome back!! too bad you didn't post a little while ago as there was a boogie down at Clewiston. but, take SkyMama's advice, that boogie in DeLand should be a great one to attend! have fun where ever you decide to go!!
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

The more, the merrier! ;)

I think I'm going to try to hit a lot of seminars on Friday, so it shouldn't be too hard to find me in the seminar tents. I look like my avatar!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon