Prior23

Wow!

Did my first tandem jump today and wow, 9 hours later I'm still trying to shake off all the adrenaline!

Luckily I got the instructor that I really wanted, and he gave me an altimeter and a jump suit and trained me as an added bonus during the jump. Normally I guess your first tandem is all about taking in the sights but I did a pretty good job at keeping my cool and remembering to check my C.O.A and do three practice touches then wave off and pull. I guided the shoot to the DZ somewhat, and flared for the landing on my feet.

Going for my ground training tomorrow and my first AFF Friday hopefully.

I'm really thinking I found my new passion, it's very overwhelming that first leap out of the plane, I barely even remember most of the free fall because of all the adrenaline.
B.A.S.E. #1734

awesome! have a blast! I was finishing up my level 6 jump and a level 1 came in, it was so interesting the changes that you make mentally from just 1-6. the kid was nervous and kinda jumpy. just remember to relax and have shittons of fun.
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

I guided the shoot to the DZ somewhat, and flared for the landing on my feet.

Congrats! In the future, you'll want to spell that "chute". ;)

Or perhaps "canopy":P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

awesome! have a blast! I was finishing up my level 6 jump and a level 1 came in, it was so interesting the changes that you make mentally from just 1-6. the kid was nervous and kinda jumpy. just remember to relax and have shittons of fun.

glad youve calmed down i. Those few jumps. Me, yeah i still loathe the plane ride up along with the exit. Once im out though, its all good. Hopefully i wont have to wIt damn near a month for the weather to be good enoigh to jump again. Haha. ;)

good luck with aff though. Its a blast. :)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I'm pleasantly impressed that your tandem instructor did what he was supposed to do for you. Tell him I said, for all the potential students out there, thanks!

So...you've been had. Welcome to the big blue skies!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239