hofstar

I drank the kool-aid

Hello skydivers!

So, after wanting to do this more than anything else my whole life, I finally rounded up a group of friends in September to drive out to Greensberg, IN and do a tandem jump. I was instantly hooked :ph34r:. One week later I was sitting in the AFF first jump course (I did all of my training, AFF, and coached jumps at Start Skydiving in Lebanon, OH, and have nothing but good things to say about that DZ, my instructors, and the people I've met there). I finished earning my A license in late November, and I plan to travel to a few warmer DZs this winter because I know I won't be able to wait until spring to jump again ;). And that way I'll stay current, meet new people, and experience some different DZs.

Anyway, I've been reading these forums for a couple weeks now, and I thought I'd just introduce myself and say hi. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums, and maybe seeing some of you in the sky!

Cheers,

-G

Hi Garrett,

Congratulations on the A Bro! Addictive isn’t it? I’m working through my progression myself. It rains a lot here in the Seattle area, so I’m not going as fast as I’d like. Get’n in about a jump a month. Competing with a DZ that jumps only 3 days a week, other students, and bad weather. Frustrating at times.

Anyway, welcome to the Dropzone. People here are really cool and very helpful. Don’t be hesitant to ask questions and seek advice. Also if you can, spend some time in a wind tunnel. Sure helped me.

Blue Skies Dude! Again Congrats

~Hold
Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye

Thanks for the welcomes!

Ice, Nothing has ever consumed me as much as this! All I can think about is when will I jump next, what will I work on, what do I want to do someday...I often find myself just youtubing for cool RW or wingsuit jumps. Sucks when the weather doesn't cooperate...I've spent many days sitting at the DZ under gray skies while weather.com keeps saying clear skies in an hour, hour after hour after hour....[:/] Keep at it, the day they stamped me, you couldn't tear the smile off my face with a crowbar! :D

Skymama, I'm meeting a friend at Skydive Arizona over christmas, and I heard there's a boogie in Zhills sometime in February. I plan to visit some friends in New Orleans and indoctrinate them to the sport ;). I've read good things about Spaceland in texas, and Elsinore, and I would LOVE to jump in Hawaii. So I'd like to check those out too. No way I'm going to fit this all in over the winter, but eventually I'd like to get to these places. Suggestions and recommendations are very welcome!

Cheers,

-G

Welcome to the forums! Its good to hear you are having a great time over at Start. I have not been there (yet) but will make it a point next season. There are some other really good smaller dz's in Indiana you can check out next season. Richmond is pretty close to you and they have a great group of folks there and I jump in Franklin, IN and the people there are phenomenal as well. Come visit when this frozen tundra starts to thaw out!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Welcome to the forums. The information here is plentiful and usually helpful.

I too just got my 'A' at Start Skydiving in Lebanon and agree it is a great DZ with great instructors. The minute I got my 25th jump in, it got cold and gray here so I am in the same boat you are.

Hope to see you on a load in the spring.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Thanks guys...I will add those to my ever-growing list of DZs to visit. Indy will make for some nice daytrips =)

Mike I'd be surprised if we haven't run into each other before, I was there just about every day that they jumped in October and November. I guess they're moving to Hook right now and will be jumping there from now on. I haven't seen it yet, but the whole crew seems really excited about the new facility. Anyway, I plan on spending a lot of time there this spring, so I'm sure I will see you in the sky!