DigitalDave

New Jumper

I just started skydiving and have recently finished AFF training at Raeford NC. I will be finishing my A license soon if the weather affords me the opportunity.

I spent a few years at Ft Bragg on round canopies and PLF's but have now found my true love. I can't believe I didn't do this earlier in life.

My wife doesn't understand it, my parents think it's stupid and most of my friends call me crazy .. so it's nice to find a community that feels the same way I do about the sport. I've only got a few jumps, and I'm sure the thrill will wear off as time goes by, but I absolutely love skydiving .. For me, it's a feeling that goes beyond the physics of falling and touches on the magical. I just can't describe it .. Although, I guess I really don't need to describe it here.

I hope to be able to give something back someday, but for now, I'll do my part by listening, learning and applying the knowledge I acquire from more experienced jumpers.

See you in the sky!

- DigitalDave

I have a lot of friends that think I'm crazy and even my family would never do it. But when I talk about skydiving to them and how incredibly surreal the whole experience is and how much I love it, they see a look in my eye that has never been there before. I'm sure you have a similar feeling about it, no matter how many people call you crazy, you know how good it is.

Sorry to hear your wife doesn't understand your passion for jumping. Has she gone out to the dz yet?

Even though we only live about 15 min from the DZ, she won't go at all. I've tried to get her to go do a tandem, but it's not happening. She really thinks it's an unnecessary risk and a waste of money. Especially since I mentioned that I'll be buying my own gear once I save up some dough.

Welcome:)
I am very new to the sky and I fell head over heels over it as well. My friends call me crazy(but in an envious way) my family thinks I am nuts as well but know me well enough that I am a lover of extreme and as for my hubby; he went with me on my first jump (tandem) not in anyways jumping out of a perfectly good plane but saw how I had this look in my eye and the energy I had, he is rethinking his decision. We will see if he jumps in March. My son will be jumping in March as well. I am starting him out early, lol. He is 16. Hopefully your wife starts to understand and at least goes to the DZ with you and sees the reasons people love it. :)

You create life, life does not create you.