FlyOrDie

A license in a week?

Hey everyone I just joined so I figure I should take advantage of these forums and ask some questions.

I jumped for my first time 7 years ago and have only been able to sneak in 8 jumps since then due to a lack of money and lack of time to get my A license. I've finally gotten the cash together to get up to my A license but I don't have much time. I've been looking around and I've found quite a few dropzones with "A license in a week" programs.

Has anyone done one of these programs? Can you suggest the best U.S. dropzone to go to sometime between January and March in order to get my A license in as little time as possible? Keep in mind I would have to get all the jumps in within 2 weeks.

I know that Skydive Arizona has a great program, you would have to call, Skydive Chicago has great reviews too. There are places in Florida that are big enough with enough instructors to get your license in a week

Hope this helps
If you do things that don't make you appreciate life than why do them

I do agree with you, the only reason I'm rushing with this is because Ive started the aff course a couple times and each time ive run out of money or time in the season. Now that I have the money I can take a couple weeks to get over that A license hurdle. After that I can easily afford to keep current at 45-70 bucks a jump w/ gear rental.

I want to say Skydive Spaceland near Houston, TX has such a prgram.

Yes it does, but the weather at the proposed timeframe is usually pretty unpredictable, particularly for a student. I am a huge fan of Skydive Spaceland's program, having been on staff there for quite sometime (and hopefully again in the future, career permitting). But, during this time frame it is probably better to go somewhere with more predictable weather if it is vitally important to get complete in the alotted timeframe.

I think AZ or FL would be better options in this case because the weather is more likely to cooperate.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

You obviously want to maximize good weather so none of your vacation days are wasted. Florida is great from January to March; any earlier than mid-December and you risk running into the tail end of tropical storm season. Southern California is comparatively warm in the winter, but that's also its rainy season. Skydive Arizona in Eloy tends to have reliably jumpable weather year-round.

The biggest DZs in these states are Z-hills and DeLand in Florida, Eloy in Arizona, and Perris and Elsinore in California. They have plenty of instructor staff and planes, although be aware that winter is also their busiest season, too. If you call and book ahead (which you should do in any event), a number of other DZs might give you a fast-progression to A license package, too (for one example, Sebastian in Florida, which is great).

Since you don't want to be in the cold, come on down to FL then. I'd also recommend Zhills, Deland or Sebastian because they'll have more planes flying during the week.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You should be able to accomplish your goals there. We have quite a few people here who frequent Z-hills, so you'll probably find a few friends before you even go!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon