68w10p

Big Ouch!!!!

I did my 16th and 17th jump today. I fall like a rock!!! I am learning how to dock and redock. I feel i did ok on my 16th jump. did a 180 track for 3 sec waved off and pulled.

As for my 17th jump everything went well but, when I did my 180 and track for 3 sec I waved and pulled before I could slow my fall down. It knock the fire out of me. I was about 3500ft above the ground when they could hear me say SON OF B@@@@ that HURT!!! I had a good landing and I am ok. As they say the school of hard knocks. LOL:P

Take care everyone and be safe

V/R
Ed

Yeah, that can happen. I fall like a safe myself, but I got a canopy that forgives my errors since it has a built in snivel which means it opens slower and won't bite you when things like that happen. On a few jumps over the years I found I didn't have the altitude to slow down like I should have. The opening shock was just the beginning, the next couple of days every muscle in my body was crying out.

Blue Skies
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Yeah you want to slow down before you deploy. I was at a big booogie and still pretty new and they did'nt want you pulling above 3
So i took it down to 25 which was a thousand feet lower then i was use to.
And being how i was nervouse i dumped straight out of my track.:o
That was my 3rd and last jump of the day. For the rest of the boogie (a week plus) i sat around with a neck brace watching everyone else:(
It took me over a month to heal and really taught me a lesson.
The hard way;)